Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hi all,

It is difficult to single out any of you, because you all are doing a terrific effort! To name but a few...

Slim Portly - absolutely dashing!
Bolthead - nice hat and nicer story! You are nurturing the new generation!
BobC - a very good example of a subtler, but equally outstanding, VS hat.
GMan - I'm sure Santa's recall of your hat may prove of benefit when he reads your kid's letter... ;)
HPG - man, you are always raising the stakes!

Torpedo

One Too Many
For me, today it was a two-hat day:

Early in the day, I went to Court, so I took profit of the occassion to wear a Stetson homburg, which I believe is a most suitable formal hat.

DSC_0065.jpg

BTW, this one is an interesting piece... it is a St Regis in all but the name, but made for the British market (I got it on the UK 'Bay); there is the "Royal Stetson" inscription on the liner, and on the sweatband; but there, where you would find the "St. Regis" name, there is an inscription with something like "Made expressly for XXXX and son" (can't remember the exact name).

Well; later in the morning, once the court affairs were over, I switched to a less conservative tie and changed hats with my recent VS custom fedora...

DSC_0070.jpg

Regards!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bolthead, those are great shots! He looks really pleased and very sharp.

BobC, love that Sportaire with its wide binding. That is my favorite binding and it looks great!

Torpedo, what a great set of photos! You look great in whatever hat you wear, but that homburg is really nice. I think the homburg must be my favorite hat but I do not have as much occasion to wear mine as I would like.

Mr. Paladin

Wore this for church yesterday; graphite modern Stetson Dexter. The crown has a lot of taper and is a bit short, but I like the look!

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Inspirational bunch of hats, folks. Mr. Paladin: great line from the side. Slim: handsome scala, there, with the high-contrast binding. Bolt: well done! you might take a gander at some of those smaller sizes johnniephi's offering up at set prices. Torpedo: lookin' sharp as usual! That homburg would assist you in court no matter WHERE you were sitting. Just_me: very stylish; any more shots?

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Torpedo said:
Early in the day, I went to Court, so I took profit of the occassion to wear a Stetson homburg, which I believe is a most suitable formal hat.

DSC_0065.jpg
If it please the court, I submit that the defendant is guilty of egregious disregard for the jealousy of others!

bolthead

TopGumby said:
That's great, Bolthead. My boy went to a play and wore a tie for the first time...as he was headed out the door he said, "Wait, my hat!" and his mother gave me a frown when I handed it to him.

When they got back, the first words out of her mouth were "You were right and I was wrong on the hat, he got several compliments on that hat! Everyone loved it."

:)
Awesome, what was he wearin'?

bolthead

Russ.....

RBH said:
Sweet lids everyone! This is becoming a super thread!!!!!
I couldn't agree more.
Alan thanks again for thinking of and starting this Fantastic thread......:eusa_clap

oh yeah, Slim & Torp, you guys look great in those homburg's, not many can pull off that look. :eusa_clap

NonBogart, I think either of those would look great for you. [huh]

RBH

Bartender
bolthead said:
Nice little story here.
Long story short. A friend of mine, who by the way introduced me to this Magnificent site and also wears Fedoras, has an 11yr. old stepson who was going to a Christmas dance Sat. night. He told his mother that he wanted to wear a Fedora, (at the last minute pretty much). Well, his stepfather's hats are way too big for him to wear and she immediately thought of me. :rolleyes:

He told me he was wearing a blue pinstriped suit, so I looked through my 6 7/8 lids, that weren't in let's say excellent shape. A hat that if something had happened to it, I wouldn't be terribly upset about it.

I gave him a cheap light gray, wool Pork Pie, that I thought would look great on him. I even told him if he liked it, he could keep it. I also gave him an Adams that was lighter gray in color and a Barlesoni that was a bit darker gray, he chose that one.

When he came home his Mother asked him how everything went. He said it was great, everybody loved his hat and they all wanted it. Now that it was such a big hit, he wants me to find one for him. :D So, I'm in search for one as we speak. Here's a couple of pics......

Michael.jpg
Michael2.jpg
Better than nice... fantastic story.
You are a good guy Bolt......uh can I go to Italy??? :D

RBH

Bartender
TopGumby said:
That's great, Bolthead. My boy went to a play and wore a tie for the first time...as he was headed out the door he said, "Wait, my hat!" and his mother gave me a frown when I handed it to him.

When they got back, the first words out of her mouth were "You were right and I was wrong on the hat, he got several compliments on that hat! Everyone loved it."

:)
Was it the thin ribbon? :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
daizawaguy - Much obliged!! :)

Torpedo - Wow! Great job of Homburg wearin' there. The black VS would ordinarily have been the conversation piece but that Homburg! :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin - That works perfectly. Don't second guess it. It's a good lookin' hat on ya'!

TopGumby - What a fine lookin' chap. He's going to be sad when he outgrows that Stetson, and it looks like that's sneaking up on him by the minute.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Great lids, gents!

Torpedo -- Nice lids. Not everyone can wear a Homburg -- but you really pull it off nicely!

Mr. P -- that's a good look!

TopGumby -- what a sweet kid. That's a great photo! Truth be told, however, at first I thought it was a picture of RBH as a child...:D :D :D

Gene -- that's just a classic look. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe