Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

just_me

Practically Family
Once again, I have to say, "Great hats guys." :eusa_clap

BTW, what type of fedoras do those of you wear who live in warmer climes like Florida?

TopGumby

One of the Regulars
100_0506a.jpg

Had a tree come down on the neighbor's roof during a little blow last night, so today was spent cleaning up and splitting wood. The boy has a real Open Road, and mine is a Resistol San Antonio. I figured it would be a good way to sweat my new hat in.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today, I wore my new Akubra Banjo Patterson.

IMG_0564.jpg

I went to Menard's later in the day after the wind had picked up. I got out of my truck and headed around the back of the bed to go into the store and a cross wind grabbed my Banjo and blew it across the parking lot. I ended up climbing under somebody's car to retrieve it after it got hung up on their differential.

I knew this was an adventurous looking hat, but I had no idea it would take off on its own. :eek: lol

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
TopGumby said:
100_0506a.jpg

Had a tree come down on the neighbor's roof during a little blow last night, so today was spent cleaning up and splitting wood. The boy has a real Open Road, and mine is a Resistol San Antonio. I figured it would be a good way to sweat my new hat in.

Great picture. Having a dad that kept a brimmed hat on my noodle and now with my own son who love fedoras I really enjoy the father/child hat pictures.:eusa_clap

D.W. Suratt

One of the Regulars
It's about time for me to contribute to this thread. Tonight I wore my vintage Dobbs Twenty out Christmas shopping. On a side note I saw two gentleman sporting fedoras at the mall. One was a young man about 8 years old wearing his official Dorfman Pacific Indy hat. The other was an older gent wearing what I believe was the same hat, just without the pin. They were not together as neither one of the youngster's parents were wearing hats.

3106723516_0f57742a4a_m.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
During the day today, I went walking around in my new/old (thrift store score) wool flat cap.

DSC_0018.jpg

Then I got cleaned up and put on my recently acquired green Dobbs for a Christmas party. With the shirt/tie combo and a splash of red added near the bow, it was just right for the festivities. :)

DSC_0022-1.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
TopGumby said:
100_0506a.jpg

Great photo! Sorry to say, Tops, you've got a ways to go before your hat looks as good as the kid's!! :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
just_me said:
Once again, I have to say, "Great hats guys." :eusa_clap

BTW, what type of fedoras do those of you wear who live in warmer climes like Florida?

You kiddin'? Anything I can possibly get away with! :D

Lately it's been mercifully cool enough for me to wear some of the nicer hats in my collection without sweat-staining them.

As it warms I move to my beaters and unlined felts like my Champ featherweight. Sometimes too, I'll go to some of my wool fedoras and even one or two of my leather Outback types.

Once it's full on summer, I'll be sportin' the Panama straws, of course.

TopGumby

One of the Regulars
HarpPlayerGene said:
Great photo! Sorry to say, Tops, you've got a ways to go before your hat looks as good as the kid's!! :D

You're right! I'm just starting to break in this Resistol, and that OR is soft, lived in and comfy. If that Stetson was a size larger it wouldn't be his! :eek:

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Yesterday the old...at a temple near my apartment, in my VS camel

Christmas2008009-2.jpg

Today the new...at a shop in Harajuku, in my VS midnight blue

20081214.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BobC said:
Mr. P, seems to me you can wear any hat - dress, western or whatever you want. Is your jacket greay or green. It has a bit of a green tint on my monitor, but it could be the lighting.

Thank you sir. The jacket is a dark green and black herringbone. I like it with that tawny Stetson and it looks great with my black or graphite as well.

Great hats everyone! Gene is right; take off a day and there are too many to comment on individually but...you gotta love those with the kids! Hats or no hats, they are the future! My Dad used to tell me to live right and well because everyone would see him through me when he was gone. Very true and sometimes hard to live up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe