Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Looking good today Gents!

Joao, Nice Nutria! There's how I like my Westerns. Straight sided crowns and brim widths of no more than 3 1/2 inches. Nice!
Andy, Love the vintage cap! Very nice!
gear-guy, happy hunting my friend! The Royal Stetson looks great!
DJH, The Dobbs West actually looks good on you that way! You wear that style very well.
rclark, Now that's a Western!
Richard, That Christys cap looks real good on you my friend!
AnA, Very nice Saks!

Today on this pleasant afternoon from Central Ohio where the sun is shining and the snow is almost all melted away I'm wearing a 4X Open Road. I just recreased this one again and reshaped the brim and gave it a deeper fedora curl. I like the wide 2 7/8 brim on this one and I 'm smiling away as usual....

View attachment 10397

View attachment 10398

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
As far as the mink question, don't feel bad, I can see why you would have thought that. After all, we use rabbit, beaver and nutria for hats, why not mink?

Why not indeed! Seriously, I don't know how mink fur fibers compare to beaver for felting. It is a soft fur generally, but I don't know whether it has the barbs to felt well. I do know it has long coarse hairs that would need to be removed. That is done with nutria though, if I remember correctly, do might not be a problem.

This topic reminded me that both seal felt fur (and more often "Hudson seal" - muskrat) was popular for a while. I searched exhaustively for one once, with no luck. Does anyone have one of those , or a mink fur felt hat?

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lunch @ E-9 today - this beautiful old Austrian navy velour did the trick and with a gold ribbon to boot!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
That stingy still looks good.Nice shape to it.
Joao - another great western style hat
Joao - fine looking 'stingie' ;) Great colour to that nutria.

Thanks. I too like this color.

Joao, Nice Nutria! There's how I like my Westerns. Straight sided crowns and brim widths of no more than 3 1/2 inches. Nice!
I do not dislike 3 1/2" brim hats. With the right crown they look good.

I got this Bailey Marfa from the Frontier Collection a number of years ago. I hardly ever wear it but decided to wear it for a bit today.
It looks nice. I only had one bailey, think it was a wool hat. Lost it somewhere... I never found it again.

g.durand

One Too Many
Andy, great looking cap and outfit to match. You look like you just stepped out of one of these.

cars-classic-car-wallpaper_zpsd9f5d52c.jpg

gear-guy--nice looking Royal.
David--a good beater hat is a precious thing, as valuable as a fine dress hat.
Rick--that looks like a hat that would open doors for you in Marfa.
Richard--beautiful cap. Love the color.
AnA--pure class, as usual.
TJones--I can see that re-crease brought a smile to your face. ;) Love those old ORs. The new crease looks great.
Garrett--another stunner. Do you have any run-of-the-mill hats? :)

Lee Trinity for me today.
photo-95_zps25308113.jpg

gear-guy

Practically Family
Mano nice cap
TJones, as always perfect
Garrett, love it
DJH, a different look for you but still great
Gdurand, your collection is outstanding
Alive, a great combo jacket and hat
As for me no bargains for me today, the wife did ok. Did visit Hatworks by paul, a new store in Louisville and it had some very fine hats.

Great stuff guys.

AnA, pure Saks.

Garrett, do they hold this table for you? I don't know how those folks can concentrate on their lunch with this hat hanging nearby. Stunner.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Looking good A'nA
Nice crease on the OR, TJ
Garret - that's a stunning hat. Any idea how old?
gdurand - I'd love a car like that. Beautiful. Nice lid too.
BGCD is looking good, Richard
Nigeloscar - must be very handy living in Akubra land - you get to try on a hat before buying.

Wearing one of my City Sports today - just haven't had a chance to take a photo yet.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Looking good A'nA
Nice crease on the OR, TJ
Garret - that's a stunning hat. Any idea how old?
gdurand - I'd love a car like that. Beautiful. Nice lid too.
BGCD is looking good, Richard
Nigeloscar - must be very handy living in Akubra land - you get to try on a hat before buying.

Wearing one of my City Sports today - just haven't had a chance to take a photo yet.

well spoken, Andy! +1 on all!!

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Why not indeed! Seriously, I don't know how mink fur fibers compare to beaver for felting. It is a soft fur generally, but I don't know whether it has the barbs to felt well. I do know it has long coarse hairs that would need to be removed. That is done with nutria though, if I remember correctly, do might not be a problem.

This topic reminded me that both seal felt fur (and more often "Hudson seal" - muskrat) was popular for a while. I searched exhaustively for one once, with no luck. Does anyone have one of those , or a mink fur felt hat?

Wow. If there were a few, I wouldn't feel so stupid for asking. Find one. Find one.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Charlie, that's a great hat. Love the colors.

Andy, I love those Alessandrias. The felt on them is crazy soft.

David, Very nice. Stately even. You'll be the best dressed at the diner :D

Richard - You look down right casual today. Must be the weekend. Great hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe