Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, to TJones, who asked to see a better view of the Biltmore ribbon...
I guess this is why I got this at a thrift store. SO thrifty was the factory, that they only gave it HALF of the bow!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - looking good in that western.

Joao, you have a collection of western hats that would make any Texan envious! Very nice!
Thanks but... Alan's collection makes me envious...

Another nice Western cowboy Joao.
Nutria is such a nice felt. :)

Joao that's a little small for you isn't it:rolleyes:
It's a stingy to me :) Today isn't raining so its OK this one get a spin.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Today another Nutria. And yes it's a... stingy to me... that is why I envy Alan's Nutria wide brim collection...
20140222.jpg

And no, not my truck.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Orange a great cap and I like that grass in your pic. Have not seen it in a while in your photos.Love the tie and coat also.

It's actually been warmer here in Cleveland the past four or so days. But weather forecasts call for a return to winter. Shame, as spring is a much nicer season.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I bought this Dobbs West (I believe this company isn't related to the usual Dobbs) some time ago. It was an eBay bargain, about $10.00 or so shipped.

This was the first time I'd worn it. Not very good quality, the felt is like stiff cardboard and the hat really doesn't fit very well, feels like it's a wide oval. I had to wear it with the brim up (I never do that!) because the felt is so stiff if isn't going anywhere.

Alright for messing about outside though

smugshot_7264589-L.jpg

rclark

Call Me a Cab
I got this Bailey Marfa from the Frontier Collection a number of years ago. I hardly ever wear it but decided to wear it for a bit today.

B817C65B-5EBF-47CB-9526-1D574F3909CF_zpsfpjxgur6.jpg

2A040E73-4F7E-4994-BC5E-52C131857B65_zpsnebeffiu.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joao - fine looking 'stingie' ;) Great colour to that nutria.

Andy - great looking vintage cap.

gear-guy - very sharp look altogether.

David - I've not come across Dobbs West. For $10 you can't complain.

Rick - The felt and ribbon colours work well together. What's the felt quality like? The one Bailey I bought, whilst not stunning, wasn't too bad for a modern production hat.

---

Christy's melton 8-piece for me this evening:

Not sure why I'm looking so 'unamused'...

Last edited:

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Richard - I really like your Christy's cap!

I'd say the quality of the felt is pretty good. I've got a Resistol in a typical western style and the felt quality is higher than the Bailey. Honestly, it's hard to tell the quality of the felt when they put so much stiffener on it. FWIW - the Bailey is a "5X" and the Resistol is a "6X".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe