Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purty Whippet Dave,
Love that Lee Bruno.
Thin Thursday Strat for me
pw-2.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good chilly morning Gents! Still digging out from all the snow here in Central Ohio. One day off the forum and look at all the good stuff I missed!

Bert, heck of an $8 find on the Dobbs!
Dave, One of my all time favorites! Beautiful Whippet!
Miamibruno, Very nice! I like that Lee!
hatophile, Again, another of my all time favorites which is on my bucket list, (and I'm just shy of 60 years old so I don't have a lot of time to get one)! ;) Beautiful Strat buddy!

Today on this cold and snowy morning it's BAU Thursday! Wearing my Black Resistol Stagecoach Western.The tall crown adds about 5 more inches to my 6'2 stature!...yeah, I know what everyone's thinking! ;) As far as Westerns, Black is okay. I just don't like Black fedoras.

fuua.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
TJ - now that's a great look on you. Glad you found a black hat you like! Fantastic.
Historyteach - the light color fedora with dark jacket works perfectly
Perry - you're looking good, and smiling, as always
MiamiBruno - I always have liked Lees. Only have one myself, though I think that's because I may have thinned the herd. Looking sharp.

It seems that the last time I saw that yellow orb in the sky was when we were in New Mexico for the holidays. It was wonderful to walk outside, though cold, and snap a photo without more snow falling.

Garrison Raiders

View attachment 9472

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
TJ - now that's a great look on you. Glad you found a black hat you like! Fantastic.

Garrison Raiders

View attachment 9472

Thanks buddy. How do you like that Garrison Raiders? It's a nice looking hat for sure. What are the specs on that one?

casechopper, thanks buddy. That VS Camilla is a real beauty. I like the color and width of that ribbon too. How wide is that?

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Josh, beautiful Cav!

Very very nice…

Josh - fantastic Cavanagh Western. I've enjoyed seeing you in this style of hat the last few months.

Good job, Josh.....you missed your calling. I've always been amazed at what you can do with a hat.

Thanks, Gentlemen!! When I first started wearing hats, I always felt weird wearing cowboy hats in Chicago....not anymore. I actually love wearing westerns in the city, especially in the summer!

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Thanks buddy. How do you like that Garrison Raiders? It's a nice looking hat for sure. What are the specs on that one?

casechopper, thanks buddy. That VS Camilla is a real beauty. I like the color and width of that ribbon too. How wide is that?

TJ - I opted for the rabbit, and if I had to do over again, I'd go with the beaver. That being said, it's a good hat, and this rabbit felt will take a lot of wear and tear. Dimensions are:
Crown: 5" at the front tapering to 4.5" at the rear
Brim: Dimensional - 2 7/8" front and rear and 2.5" along the sides - with the "Indy Turn" designed in (since this is a Raiders style)
Crease - tight pinch and soft center crease

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
TJ - I opted for the rabbit, and if I had to do over again, I'd go with the beaver. That being said, it's a good hat, and this rabbit felt will take a lot of wear and tear. Dimensions are:
Crown: 5" at the front tapering to 4.5" at the rear
Brim: Dimensional - 2 7/8" front and rear and 2.5" along the sides - with the "Indy Turn" designed in (since this is a Raiders style)
Crease - tight pinch and soft center crease
Thanks Andy. It's definitely a real beauty. Beaver would have been nice but for a more authentic replica of the Raiders fedora rabbit was the right way to go. The original ROTLA was a Herbert Johnson dress weight rabbit felt fedora which, if I remember correctly, was HJ's "Poet". Herbert Johnson I believe made the rabbit felt fedoras for the first three Indy movies and Adventure Bilt made the Beaver felt Indy fedora for KOTCS. I know that Dave Garrison put a lot of time and effort into researching the Indy hats and I think he pretty much nails it better than most. That's a real nice one. It looks good on you.

hatophile, casechopper, thanks guys.

Last edited:

hatguy1

One Too Many
Everyone's looking quite spiffy in their hats (as usual) this morning. Nice work, all.

Temps single digits here and wind chills (well, let's not even go there). So, I'm still in my furry floppy eared hat.

Have a great day, men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82