Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Another outstanding week of posts fellas, you inspire. I can't say that enough. Tonight I'm off to my wife's employee bowling party sporting a Cordova 8 dart wool cap:

Good morning! Knocking about in a very stingy Knox Premier Quality today.

Channeling Telly Savalas...

Who IS that, Jeff?

Still thinking about these new glasses. I'm too old to be too "edgy."
IMG_6107_zps1f612525.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Mike - you like so many others look great in caps. I am comfortable in an ivy, but not with 8 panels. Well done.
HatsRme - nice Knox - 60s era I'm guessing? I grew up South of Boston and miss New England terribly.

This will be a relax weekend. I'll spend much of my day today with Mr. Jules Verne and his Mysterious Island. Wearing my late 50s Mallory.

View attachment 5476

Breakfast was one of my favorite oolong teas and my absolute favorite cheese.
View attachment 5477

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Tony, very nice Hat. Sharp bow work!

Alan, interesting combination. Fantastico Nutria!

Che, really nice hat. Love the small bow detail!

Charlie, nice photo. The glasses looks very good!

Rob, he fits you great.!

Mike, you look sharp in a Cordova Cap!

Charlie, nice hat and very stylish how you wear it!

Andy, thumbs up for the Mallory!

...nice Knox - 60s era I'm guessing? I grew up South of Boston and miss New England terribly.

Yes, 60's is my guess based on the liner graphic. I still prefer more brim, but a little switch up occasionally is good.

People still talk about you around Sharon, Andy... They miss you, too, I'm sure. ;)

Manfred your fine, fuzzy new Borsa is Fantastic. Don't shave it!

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Charlie; "Who luv's you baby," comes to mind when I see a sucker in a hatted guy's mouth. Good looking hat and shirt today. I do like the scandinavian styled glasses.

Mike; Excellent cap.

Andy; Sharp on a Saturday.

Manfred; Fuzzy is the new fashion it appears.

This morning I have been doing outside chores and went to the butcher shop. Had the opportunity wear both a Strat clone (VS-dove) and a vtg.Stetson Strat in blue.

IMG_6587-M.jpg
IMG_6593-M.jpg

Best from a cool 38'F Minnesota, USA, Eric -

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Charlie; "Who luv's you baby," comes to mind when I see a sucker in a hatted guy's mouth. Good looking hat and shirt today. I do like the scandinavian styled glasses.

Mike; Excellent cap.

Andy; Sharp on a Saturday.

Manfred; Fuzzy is the new fashion it appears.

This morning I have been doing outside chores and went to the butcher shop. Had the opportunity wear both a Strat clone (VS-dove) and a vtg.Stetson Strat in blue.

IMG_6587-M.jpg
IMG_6593-M.jpg

Best from a cool 38'F Minnesota, USA, Eric -

Eric - I don't know which I like more. Both are stunning. But that Strat!

I'm still kicking myself over abusing the blue Strat I bought at the main Seattle Goodwill store (along with another in tan) back in 1973 or so. Same blue as yours, Eric. Early Strat, unlined, unreeded sweatband, etc. Wore it out.

A hat can't die any finer death than to be worn out.

Indeed. A worn-out hat gets that way by being worn. You know, like an item of attire or something.

Still, though, these days I'd much sooner wear out a lesser hat than an early Strat, especially one in that color. But we're going back 40 years or so since I bought that hat, when I was considerably more reckless than I am today, and early Strats weren't such precious things.

Last edited:
No matter how hard I try to wear out my hats, I seem to be wearing out faster than the headwear. I think that's a sign of having too many hats.

I had similar concerns wearing an old Strat in NYC a couple of years back... it was spring and warm and I was walking from the Hudson River east up the hill with my suitcase on my shoulder to get the train to the airport. I stopped every corner to mop my brow and soak up the sweat on the sweatband. The hat held up fine, though I was a bit of a wreck by the time I reached Penn Station.

Great thin ribbons, Eric and a super cap and photo Mike.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic start to the weekend, everyone.

Starting to feel like winters on the way around here, I had to hang on to my Garrison Indy Hat at times while out with the doggies this afternoon.

smugshot_6700894-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe