Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte

Practically Family
I showed my 80 yr. old dad my Stetson Twenty-Five Open Road today and he asked if I could have just bought one at the mall.
I said that I didn't think the mall was built yet back in the '50s.
He then stated that his brother (who would be close to 100 if he was still with us) used to have one just like it, so I told him I would keep my eyes open when snooping around for hats.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mingo - looking good in that Fed.

Keith - great peapod. Are you sure you're not pulling our legs over the typo? :)

Andy - lovely looking Mallory and a nice ensemble to boot.

David - glad the tooth pain has gone. Sweet looking Borso.

Rusty - I can see why you used Mike again :)

Manfred - nice piece of tweed.

g.d. - Lovely looking Strat, and great lighting in that shot.

HB3 - sweet looking Van Bree and I like the tilt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday morning in a Camp Draft. No I'm not auditioning for a part as Rudolph in the Fedora Lounge Christmas special, I have a stinking cold:

Thanks for the comments on earlier offerings.

John Galt

Vendor
7ikd.jpg

Terry, what size is he?

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Everyone's sporting sweet hats.

G. Durand, you are keeping the bar high around here!
Alan, the Strat is really spectacular, too.
Manfred, nice caps! I really like the Hanna-- I may have to give them a try. I've seen their walking hats retailed here in town. You inspired me to wear my one and only flat cap, but for an hour or so, around the house today!

Too many others to mention by name, but all are great. Here are a few shots from my weekend.

Stratton furry white again, this time more casually:
xwvn.jpg

Dobbs flat cap, which took a whole lot of photos to get one that looked halfway decent...
zg1e.jpg

Finally went with this stingy backbow Resistol homburg to see the closing performance of my daughter's play-- one of the worst written adaptations of Sleepy Hollow I've seen-- of course she was outstanding, however! :)

kb9g.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Had a nice time catching up on chores today. One of the projects was this 1940s Stratoliner that I brought home earlier in the week.

"KLEINHANS CO. - Buffalo"

Doesn't look like that hat traveled too far! It has a proper home, indeed, Alan. :thumb:

What is the color of that ribbon? Copper? Salmon? Looks as rich as a brand new Lincoln cent!

Great panama 150719541
Great selection bowlerman. I really like the cap with what you are wearing in the 2nd photo.
Alan that's a prize
ManofKent even with a cold you manage to look distinguished in the campdraft
HamilcarBarca3 that's a great look for you. The van bree really suits you well.
G.Durand you are a natural in that hat. Seeing you in the vintage Stetson and denim jacket makes me want to be having a cup of coffee and a slice of apple pie in some little diner far from home. Great look man.
O.G. I'm digging this new scholarly vibe with the tweeds and bowties. The Mallory works well with it.
Chepstow - another fantastic cap in a great pattern. Your head is equally good in a cap as in a proper hat.
RBH that is a fine and rugged looking Buckaroo hat.
Stuffsmith that cap is on time. I dig the uniqueness of it. It looks great on you buddy.
DJH looking sharp in the Borsalino. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the hat (and teeth!) comments over the last few days everyone. Back to the office today.

Dark mornings have arrived so forced indoors.

Adventurebilt to start the workweek.

smugshot_4922102-L.jpg

job

One Too Many
I really like the panama coach. I don't think I'll be wearing any straw hats for awhile.

Nice swoop on a nice hat David.

First time wearing my Jonathan Richards cap out and about. I picked it up real cheap this summer.

6c9b7b86-a79f-4d05-8caf-e018099226de_zpsde199079.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Stratton furry white again, this time more casually...

Dobbs flat cap, which took a whole lot of photos to get one that looked halfway decent...

Finally went with this stingy backbow Resistol homburg...

These are great hats, Jeff! The Stratton / hoodie color combo reminds me of your Dobbs and Falcon Park hats. I really like the block shape and brim swoop.

Your flat cap looks cool! I need a few more myself.

Hooray for homburgs! Your Resistol is a brown beauty!! Who's a fan? This guy! :thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Feeling functionally alliterate today, Gents...

"What a wild weekend of wea-wy wicked wonderful wids" (...from Elmer Fudd.)

Here's to a Magnificently Marvelous Mega-Mallory Monday, Mates...
IMG_5891_zpsa960ad5d.jpg
[/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael