Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Windy Morning ! Cap Day.
Hanna Hat's Cap!

2e6esu9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Richard - the American Legend looks quite nice. Very sharp outfit.
Manfred - I do like the Hanna cap. I'm watching one on ebay. Just haven't pulled the trigger. I have a brown tweed and gray tweed. Great caps.

Wearing my VS Anasazi today. Choker by Leroy Begay.
View attachment 5301

I've enjoyed checking out the great hats and photos this hectic morning guys. Sorry so brief but thanks to all for sharing.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

g.durand

One Too Many
Manfred, Richard, thanks to both of you.

Richard, the Beaver Brand looks to have been a good choice. I agree with Manfred that it goes nicely with the suit/tie/shirt.

Manfred, hold onto that nice cap and don't let the wind take it.

Andy, AnA, Steve, all winners this morning, gents.

An old Stetson Playboy and an old leather jacket--kind of fitting for an old guy ;)
Photo1-219_zps4ea956e1.jpg

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon Gents! You guys look great! Wonderful collection of lids today!
g.durand, Manfred, Richard, Thanks guys for your comments on my OR.

Randooch, Now that's some beautiful scenery! The hat goes well!
Che, That is one awesome cap and I bet the Motorman appreciated wearing it! Nicely done!
Jedwbpm, The Borsalino, the tux...very nice combo indeed!
Richard, You definitely have my vote for the classiest and most dapper looking chap across the pond! Very well done my friend!
Manfred, You always add a bit of class to every hat you wear! Nicely done!
Orangegrad, The Anasazi is just awesome! Nice!
AnA, I can see why it's one of your favorites. I love that hat!
mayserwegener, That Tonak Gazela is such an awesome hat! Very nice!
g.durand, Now that is a classy combo my friend! It doesn't get much better than a leather jacket topped off with a Stetson Playboy! Very nice indeed!

On this chilly and damp morning from Central Ohio I would like to introduce my Grandson and future Lounger who's sporting a cool stingy worn with a tilt in classic fashion and accented with a cool car coat....

7ikd.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Manfred - great cap. Did it bring you Irish luck with the fleamarket raiding?

Andy - Lovely VS

AnA - Very nice wide ribbon.

Steve - lovely looking Tonak. What sort of vintage?

g.d. - All three look pretty good for their age ;)

TJones - great cap on you, and good to see you're training the next generation :)

seabass

Call Me a Cab
On this chilly and damp morning from Central Ohio I would like to introduce my Grandson and future Lounger who's sporting a cool stingy worn with a tilt in classic fashion and accented with a cool car coat....

7ikd.jpg

Super Cool T Jones !
Stingy & a Car Coat , WOW

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the comments on the American Legend yesterday, coincidentally the sister hat (burgundy) arrived this morning. I wasn't at all impressed by the Beaver Brand, branded silverbelly hat but these American Legend branded ones aren't bad for modern production hats and cheaply fill gaps in my colour options. I've no idea what the retail price was, but even with international shipping they're good value from ebay.

--------------------------------------

Today is another cheap ebay purchase - Tonak made 'Linney' with extensive re-creasing work to solve the excessive taper and insipid crease it came with:

Great photo T.Jones. Double Trouble. He's a handsome boy. If you look back through the thread about how'd you start hat wearing you'll see granddad's influence mentioned over and over. Good job.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

g.durand, Thanks! Great looking Stetson Playboy!

TJones, Thanks! Great photo you and your grandson! Both looking sharp!

Richard, Thanks! Probably early 1950s. I agree about the modern Tonak but it does wear great after the rework!

T.Jones... you look fantastic in a smile. And you don't look old enough to have such a tall grandson. Great photo.

Richard, you can take any hat and wear it like you mean it. Always a pleasure to see the choice.

Pre-nuptial photo from me. Not mine... I don't know why I look as serious as the father of the bride.

101913.jpg

Mallory heather, from B to JB to me. It's going to stop here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael