Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
Been in that mood lately so today I wore my oooold Stetson No. 1 Quality:

DSC_0002.jpg

That one has a nice, comfortable lived in look about it, Gene. Is it burgandy?

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Y'all are gonna hate me... my wonderful new two tone panama crown/cross/ Milan brim from del Monico Hatters of CT via eBay. It has a new hatband and bash and Rob of Strand Hatters in Sydney stretched it from 59 to 60.5 for me with great success. He was heard to complement me on an unusual and beautiful hat.:p

Other hats have been my Bianchi Milan for Melbourne Cup day November 3 and a Strand Hatters special blue grey Parabuntal fedora (with a 3 inch brim) which I snagged for AUD 100 down from AUD299.:p

Of course the linen suits are out of the closet as well!

Now I read somewhere that it snowed around election day ...right?:eek: :eek: lol

RBH

Bartender
Very nice fabiovenhorst !

Looking sharp with that short brim Jauntyone.

Great as always Gene!!

Torpedo said:
My choice for today...Rusty, I have noticed your "subtle" campaign in favour of thin ribbons, so you are going to like this one...

Royal Stetson Stratoliner
I have to say there Torpedo... That is the best look yet!!! I love that Stratoliner!!!!!

I really like the look with that old Stetson Gene!

daizawaguy, great look you have there!

You have a nice looking Stetson Akubra Man, Has it taken the weather well?

TopGumby

One of the Regulars
Drat.

It's my birthday, and I was hoping to be able to proclaim I wore an Akubra Stylemaster today, but the postman was unkind.

So I wore my Dorfman Pacific snap brim fabric bucket, instead.

Oh, the humanity!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
TopGumby said:
It's my birthday, and I was hoping to be able to proclaim I wore an Akubra Stylemaster today, but the postman was unkind.

Oh, the humanity!

And in this rain you needed it. I wore my TonyB lid again. It is holding up great in all this rain.:eusa_clap

TopGumby

One of the Regulars
Yes, the ol' bucket is pretty rainproof after the three coats of ScotchGard I gave it.

I have to wait in the rain for my kids to arrive on the school bus and I was hoping to have some rabbit on my dome...well, tomorrow is another rainy day!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
TopGumby said:

Oh, the humanity!
Happy Birthday!:eusa_clap :cheers1:

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Happy Birthday, TopG. Hatsdirect told me the problem seems to be with US customs. Do you suppose they're swamped with Australian hats?

Today, I wore my new Fed Deluxe for a while, and I wore my Campdraft. There is just no beating those Campdrafts.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
That one has a nice, comfortable lived in look about it, Gene. Is it burgandy?

Hey, Bob. Yes it is. No tellin' how old it is. I replaced the crumbling sweatband long ago and kept no record of it. It was a very western style but in a dress weight felt. I had to really manipulate it - essentially re-size/re-block it - and in the process it lost a little of the cowboy brim effect, but now it fits like a custom and I don't mind the fact that it's a little wonky. I even like the holes worn right through the crown on this one. Lots of character.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Another double hat day

In the morning I had to do some work on one of our properties so my trusty Beaver Brand beater rode along.

Also, my sweatshirt proclaims my membership in a very elite organization.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

Then, for the evening, I switched over to my old Barrister:

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Today mostly indoors working on projects, I wore my BWear.

This one's for Carter...:rolleyes:

PB040069.jpg

lol lol lol
Sorry I missed this one! Hmmm...decaf with marshmallows. [huh] Must be a revisionist beverage for Floridians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21