Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
e19x.jpg

Biltmore straw today for muggy sunny weather.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
It's good that the crown is not low so for me the hat looks fine.

I have seen some center creases that are narrow and some that are not. I have made a center crease that is almost in between a center crease and a c crown. You may be able to open it up some and remove some taper without getting away from the look it originally had.

It's kind of fun to play around with the creases and the dents. Even changing the front dents to where they are high and don't come down far can change the appearance of taper some. I call it high and tight.

John - you should have seen these Comos with the original center dent. I commented that it made me feel like a cone-head from the 1970s Saturday Night Live skits. I've widened the dent substantially from what was originally here. There just isn't that much material to work with. This is about as good as it's going to get.

If I were to purchase another Borso, it would be another Alessandria (which is a great alternative to the Camp Draft) or a Film.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Al, great photos, I am always impressed by the shape of your Optimos! Looks perfect!

g-durand, great Mallory, looks great how you wear him!

Andy, the new pinch looks better on that hat and works fine for you!

Ed, great Milan, looks good on you!

David, very nice photos. You can find a lot on a flea market ! But only the early bird catches the worm!!

Jeff, sharp Carmack!

HamilcarBarca3, looks good for me the crown high!

Sam, your Panama looks good on you, especially at higher temperature he feels much better!

Perry, good choice your Biltmore, sharp shirt too!

Mike, very nice photos. Looks like a great and day with so much women power!

Richard, very nice Olney. You are a born hat wearer!

Stingiest brim that I own now... Champ featherweight, kasmir finish, no liner, tip sticker with protective layer... slight mothing just visible under the ribbon. Brownish with a dark green ribbon band & binding...2 1/4" brim...still unsure...

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Stingiest brim that I own now... Champ featherweight, kasmir finish, no liner, tip sticker with protective layer... slight mothing just visible under the ribbon. Brownish with a dark green ribbon band & binding...2 1/4" brim...still unsure...

Does it feel odd wearing a hat with a brim that isn't around 3" or larger?

Thanks Manfred, Perry and BR!

Catching up on some fine photos from the weekend. Enjoyed the one of you and your family, Mike. Nice that the mountain came out to play too.

Richard, you wear your hats so well. I love your outfit and clam diggers (that is what my Mom called them when I was a youngster).

That BB is sharp as a tack David. A nice find.

Andy, I think the Como looks just fine on you... enjoy it for what it is. We are used to evaluating hats in a frozen snapshot. In life, hats present a changing set of angles, tapers, heights, widths. Even the weirdest hats (I have my share of these) look good from the right angle. The key is to keep moving. :)

I Like bright colors, which is perhaps why Joy Yee Noodles in Evanston is one of my favorite Chinese restaurants. I wish I had worn my Stetson straw with brilliant yellow ribbon, but in the rainfest of graduation weekend, I spent a lot of time in a Tilley.

joyyee.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mike - great photos of you, the ladies and the locale.

David - looking very sharp as usual.

Andy - looks good. The taper doesn't bother me, but then I'm European, and it's what I'm used to. Have you tried a full length centre dent like a homburg - that might lessen the visual taper.

Perry - nice straw and great shirt.

Sam - Definitely panama weather here. Looks good.

Alan - Beautiful monticristi. As to the Tilley shot my eyes are still adjusting!

Gtdean - anything over 2" doesn't count as a stingy in my English eyes. Nice hat.

Joao - When I first saw your photos of that JD hat I was surprised how good it looks. It looks even better on.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for all the kind comments on the boater. Panama weather today. A Failsworth Cuenca, that I bought a couple of years ago a size too small. Stretching and reshaping it from a drop brim has made it perfectly wearable:

Faversham Guildhall and town pump.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Alan - My wife and I will sometimes were Navajo jewelry from the same silversmith as a way of complementing each other. I'd never thought of complementing the decor of a restaurant - and even if it were simply serendipity, it looks great. I have to pay better attention to some of our favorite places and give it a try. I don't have many bright colors, but I'm sure my wife can help me come up with something. Love the yellow.

Pure serendipity. I wasn't aware of the camouflage until Sophie told me stop and strike a pose. :) I've had this Nike windbreaker for many years... one of my favorites. Handy for kids to find their dad in a big crowd, when the hat is not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe