Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a photo from my thoroughly enjoyable visit with David in New Hampshire. Taken by our waitress, who very patiently waited while two guys nursed a couple of beers for several hours.

withDJH.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Thank you, Richard. That's a nice looking cap. I don't own any caps, but after seeing all the examples posted in these pages I'm becoming more and more interested in acquiring a few.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, g-durand, Che, Alex, Richard and David, thank you all so much for your kindness!

Richard, great look with that Christy Cap, linen is a good fabric for a Summer Cap!

Alan, great photos and lovely photo of you and David. A pity that the distance between all of us is so far!

Joe, sharp blue on your new Stetson, that color is a hammer!

g-durand, like that nice portrait of you with the fine VS, looks very hot in your Area!

Che, that sounds great, a great houl, respect. A pity with your picture hoster I would like to see the great hats.
He brother you have now what you want, a black Strat! Looking forward to your photos!!

David, a winner hat, sharp Sahara and thanks for the comment. You can see the scores in the German thread my friend!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Here is a photo from my thoroughly enjoyable visit with David in New Hampshire. Taken by our waitress, who very patiently waited while two guys nursed a couple of beers for several hours.

Terrific sunset pics, and lounge pal portrait, Alan. Probably only a handful of folks on this planet that can spend a few hours talking about hats, methinks! lol

Great lids and photos, Gents! Thanks for all of your kind thoughts. Typhoon Soulik roared through Taipei in the middle of the night Friday and into Saturday morning, causing widespread wind-related damage to trees and buildings. Very sadly, there was one fatality(a police officer on his way home, struck in the head by falling bricks from a building). We played it safe and stayed inside until Saturday morning.

Great photos, Al! Sorry to hear about the Typhoon spoiling all the fun!

Thanks, Justin, despite the unwelcome visit from Soulik, we are having a great time here. Looking good in your fuzzy Stetson and cap!

Al, sorry to hear that. I hope all is well with you. It comes a better day for you, I am sure the July Travel can go on! Sharp Hat my friend!

No worries, my friend, we are unscathed. Resumed our plans by mid-day Saturday. Thank you for your kind words, and congratulations on your flea market success! You must be the best dressed and hatted chap at the flea market!

Stay safe Delectans.

For today CRM Sand

Thanks again for your well wishes, Sam. Love the rake on your CRM Sand.

Al, +1 on what Sam said. Stay safe, and I hope you will be able to recover some of your diversion later.

Really appreciate your kind thoughts, Jeff!

AL - Hope the weather doesn't spoil the break - hat looks good!

Thanks, Richard, and no worries, we have not been derailed by the typhoon. Impressive and stately look today with the Homburg and good to see you in informal attire with that beautiful linen cap!

Alan that cap you wore the other day out golfing maybe, is awesome! And so is the milan of course. I've also seen some great lids on Perry, Al, Robert, Justin, Richard, Andy, David, and Manfred!

Agree, and thank you!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
What a great day for hats everyone looks great

Mike too cool my man love the shirt too

Alan a wonderful sunset shot !

Chepstow I'm still looking for the black Strat
I have not found one yet one day it will be found
I need to fix this pic problem with my computer

Great hats all

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Che, ah yes I understand. Your Mayser Stato is not a Strat, "who can read is a clear advantage" Yes I know the Strato from Mayser
a good hat and well known! You will find a black Strat on the next flea market raid!

Mike, great look with that Milan, killer shirt!

Al, thank you my friend! You are too kind!

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Sunday Morning

First wearing of the Heritage Fawn Fed IV Deluxe. Wonderful. Fits well, will complement a number of clothes colors. It's a large fedora, but I'm getting more accustomed to larger hat - as long as I go with a center crease.

It's finally getting warm and dry here in Cleveland. I'll probably switch to my Delmonico Cuenca Panama in a bit.

I'd appreciate your input here - should I pinch the front of the crown a bit tighter? Or does it look good as is?

Last edited:

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Robert - Nice pugaree

Sam - Looks good - nice ribbon proportion

Alan - great fun. 50's?

HamilcarBarca - looks sharp - any shots of the bash from the top?

-------------------------------

Thanks for the comments on the Rehfus - I didn't reallt need another brown stingy, but the price was too good to ignore, and it's a different shade of brown.

Manfred - I saw the article where the factory was closed in 63/64. If I was asked to guess the vintage I'd have put it at 80's/90's - any idea whether they continued production elsewhere?

Yes, I do have a picture of the bash.

x4VSSVa.jpg

Moving on, lovely hats, gentlemen. I love the straw hats you guys are wearing, perfect hats for today's weather.. Today I am wearing a Stetson Sport-Lite again, lovely hat that is suited for the weather, I love it!

QONH9Z6.jpg

I have a question, do you guys think the crown is a little too high? Just asking for honest opinions :)

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
First wearing of the Heritage Fawn Fed IV Deluxe. Wonderful. Fits well, will complement a number of clothes colors. It's a large fedora, but I'm getting more accustomed to larger hat - as long as I go with a center crease.

It's finally getting warm and dry here in Cleveland. I'll probably switch to my Delmonico Cuenca Panama in a bit.

I'd appreciate your input here - should I pinch the front of the crown a bit tighter? Or does it look good as is?

I like the bash and the pinch. It is all personal preference. I would MAYBE pinch the front a tad more but it looks great as is

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Man, you guys are all sporting some sweet lidwork. Orangegrad and hamilcar, I think those creases look great. Don't worry, the pinch will probably narrow with age. :)

Cool morning with light rain warrants my Carmack megahat. (Pic not from today, obviously)

jjaz.jpg

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David - It's a very smart rain-hat, and even better if it stops it falling!

It would be great if it worked all the time :D

I've also seen some great lids on Perry, Al, Robert, Justin, Richard, Andy, David, and Manfred!

Thanks for including me in this list, Alex. I agree, there are some great hats being shown off at the moment.

David - that ArtLite is stunning.

Thanks, Andy. I like your Fed IV today. I'm a tighten up the pinch kind of guy (as you can see from any of my hat photos)

GD - I love the ribbon on your Wall & Broad.

Joe - super colour on your Stetson

Alan - nice sunset. I really enjoyed meeting with you too!

Richard - that linen cap looks just right for a warm day. I'm another with very few caps (well, one to be honest!), but I aim to get a couple more in the near future.

David, a winner hat, sharp Sahara and thanks for the comment. You can see the scores in the German thread my friend!

Thanks, Manfred - yes, I check out the hats in the German thread. That Mayser Parabuntal you got is just a fantastic looking hat. I bet you'll enjoy wearing it on your holiday.

Mike - great Black Sheep Milan.

HB3 - the Stetson Sport-Lite looks great on you. I think both the crown and brim are a little larger than your other hats, but you carry it off very well.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful New England summer day today and my wife and I had a morning with no commitments so we could hang out together for a change.

Flea-market first thing (nothing either of us wanted to purchase) followed by breakfast.

smugshot_9437813-L.jpg
smugshot_6227058-L.jpg

My hat is my Worth & Worth Montecristi.

Afterwards, time to take the doggies for their favorite walk by the river and canal. As usual on a warm day, my freebie Bailey of Hollywood straw was just the job.

smugshot_2568164-L.jpg

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you, Richard. That's a nice looking cap. I don't own any caps, but after seeing all the examples posted in these pages I'm becoming more and more interested in acquiring a few.

I like the Christy's linen ones - I've just ordered one in black in Christy's sale. Trying one of the beautiful Cordova or Simmonds caps is on my wish list though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld