Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
Stetson Playboy. The small hole in the crown was apparently from a previous owner putting a pin on the hat. Ignore that character in the background. He's just lobbying for food.

IMG_2616_zps9acd3466.jpg

IMG_2619_zps8b56f642.jpg

Unlined, and very light.
IMG_2620_zpse5d3d95c.jpg

ishootcanon

New in Town

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mike & Javier - nice ribbons both
G Durand - Good looking Stetson, and that's a remarkably restrained demand for food (one of mine literally punches me).

g.durand

One Too Many
G Durand - Good looking Stetson, and that's a remarkably restrained demand for food (one of mine literally punches me).

Thank you. Nice look with the Christy's bowler yesterday. Such is the distance between us that you can comment on my hat, I can comment on yours from yesterday, and it's still today for me. (The cat has an entire repertoire of moves to remind us it wants to be fed. Rolling on the ground is just a small part of it.)

g.durand

One Too Many
+1... I'm enjoying the brief return to felts on everyone.

Alan, one nice thing about summer in San Francisco is we can wear felts almost every day. It barely got into the sixties today with a strong wind off the ocean, so it felt much cooler. There is a famous line from the movie Escape From Alcatraz where Clint Eastwood quotes Mark Twain as saying "The coldest winter I ever spent was summer in San Francisco". It has a bit of truth to it, but there is no evidence that Mark Twain actually said it or even wrote it.

Great photo of the day, David - and from yesterday, :eusa_clap Che and Javier.

Thanks for the heads up on that famous Mark Twain quote that never was, G.Durand. I've referenced it more than once myself. I did have the experience once of driving from Point Reyes to Sonoma and watching the temperature move from 55 to 100+. I think Mark Twain once referred to San Francisco as Buffalo on the Pacific. ;) (He is one of our more illustrious favorite sons).

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Sam, always nice to see that excellent Greta! Update: The Caps are great too, especially that nice Newsboy Cap!

Alan, indeed a wonderful looking hat your Stetson and in a fantastic condition!

John, a fine Vagabond. Great shape and brim swoop!

Richard, that Christy Bowler looks right now on you! Very nice.

Mike, sharp Pandora on your head, lloks very good!!

Javier, nice Dobbs and welcome back my friend!

g-durand, very nice that Playboy, a pity with the hole. A hat with character!

Perry, great hat. Love the color and the ribbon!

David, that Worth & Worth was it worth, a nice hat!

Tom, nice to see the special CD again, a great looking hat!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the comments (again) folks.

Tom - Nice Campdraft, my bank manager might not like it, but an Akubra is getting very tempting.
David - That Worth & Worth looks great.
Case - Great cap and that beret is really striking (in a good way I hasten to add).
Perry - looks good, you seem to have a very definite preference for hat shape - do you prefer the thinner or wider ribbons?
John - very nice - love the colour
Alan - I can't see me ever wearing something that wide brimmed over here, but it looks good on you.

viclip

Practically Family
Biltmore Rosellini in Navy with 2-1/4" brim & 5" crown, "linked" self band:

View attachment 1798

Somewhat belatedly I've been picking these hats up as I come across them on-line. They're the last of the Canadian-made high enders that were formerly manufactured by Biltmore in Guelph, Ontario. There were several different models made & they came in various colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe