Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Al, your Optimo is sublime. Really classy looking fedora. I do understand why your son abscounds with it for his adventures. Your families travels about Minnesota have motivated me to visit some of the same haunts. Lots of interesting corners, not enough time. Best to you and family in your upcoming adventures in the MN snow.

Sam; Filson vest and hat make a great pic. Looking good sir.

Perry; Your pic proves big ribbon, small ribbon you make a good hat model. Sweet lid.

Jeff; Good to see a hat in action. You look comfortable in the early part of winter.

Randall; Thanks sir! I see the snow as an adventure not a battle. I love the snow. In fact I have already put several days alpine and nordic skiing in this year. I will ski a bit this afternoon before heading in the gym. Nothing like a snow fall to brighten my spirits. If you do not like the season changes and adventure of weather, living in MN would be torture.

Great hats the past couple of days.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
TAR Tuesday...Biltmore Open Road....
IMG_20121107_083433_709.jpg

That is such a good lookin' hat, Tom! Every time I see that pic, its hard to tell if the hat is new or vintage. Great crease on that one!

Now, that's a bad-ass pic!! I'm in love with that NO.1 quality of yours. Its the perfect proportions and color. I've always wanted to smoke a pipe because pipe tobacco smells and tastes so good. I smoke cigars every once in a while, but a pipe seems like the perfect thing to relax with. I just know that if I smoked a pipe, I would probably wind up doing it all the time. :eusa_doh:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Tom, just ordered a Biltmore in Caribou, last one in 6 7/8, will have to stretch it I think.

I know for a fact that Biltmore's size 7 fits comfortably on my head. My head is 22 inches in circumference and slightly more on the long oval side of things. A 6 7/8 might be a bit snug, but I think a slight stretch should do the trick. I just looked on their website, they still have black, fawn, and silverbelly in size 7.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Many Thanks To All!

Thank you for all of your nice comments on my post from yesterday, everyone! :yo:

Great looking hats. Thanks for the show post. I might drive up to see it.

Thank you, and a belated welcome, Bert. Really enjoying your posts! Let me know if you do come up this way and perhaps we can show you around a bit.

Al - brilliant photos, great hats, attractive vintage looking young ladies. What's not to love!

Thanks, David. Excellent choice today. Your Whippets are the archetypal examples of the breed.

Al, great album. Even with the comely lasses, the rusty rails, the bravely faced inclement weather, and the excellent hats, my favorite shot is of Mr. Larry Shronk, who positively beams satisfaction with his chosen career.

Thank you, Randall, and I could not agree more. Mr. Schronk's joy and pride was plain for all to see. His enthusiasm was absolutely infectious.

Delectans,
The Tungsten is just a Special look that color & finish Excellent as well as the other Lids.
Lovin the pics Im a Rail Fan so those are special...

I really appreciate your comments, Che, and miss your on-the-job photos. We were last in San Francisco for one of my meetings three years ago and rode around the city on the famed cable cars, of course, but we also spent considerable time on the Market Street Railway. Quite a diverse and fascinating assemblage of historic streetcars, but sadly none from Minnesota.

AL, your weekends are incredible. I love the snow when it's in your photos. ;)

Thanks, Alan. I work hard and play even harder! lol Lovely Stratoliner over the weekend, by the way.

Al, your pictures are just amazing!

A

Welcome to the Lounge, Aaron, and many thanks for your kind words. Look forward to your active participation here.

Al, incredible nice photos, with so many nice details, I love your photo travels,
and I enjoy It every time. Your hats, that you wear comes good on every picture.
A good choice!

You are too kind, Manfred. :eek: Thank you, my friend. Your St. Regis is a knock-out!

Today Hairy Selentino

Looks so very warm, and sharp, too, Sam!

Borsalino today, a WAR.

A great reason to make WAR instead of TAR, Perry. ;)

Al, these photos are fantastic! What a cool idea for a ceremonial reopening of that rail. I love your Optimos-- that Tungsten is positively luxurious-- but your shot of the rail itself was my favorite photo! Now how about a grand reopening of the MO season?

Thanks, Jeff. The return of both the Minnesota Orchestra and the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra will call for a celebration the likes of which we have not seen in Minnesota. I hope and pray that this will take place in my lifetime yet. :mad:

On a more cheerful note, fabulous lids yesterday and over the weekend. Your Stephen Stetson is the perfect hat to go with concert dress, and the No. 1 is top drawer.

Al, your Optimo is sublime. Really classy looking fedora. I do understand why your son abscounds with it for his adventures. Your families travels about Minnesota have motivated me to visit some of the same haunts. Lots of interesting corners, not enough time. Best to you and family in your upcoming adventures in the MN snow.

Thanks for the compliments and the well wishes, Eric. Best to you and your family for the Holidays. Finally looks like we will have a White Christmas here in Minnesota. :smow:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Alan. I adore that flange. That's flange perfection, right there! beautiful hat.

Tim Bender "medium crown [American Civil War era beehive] bowler" in pecan:

021pl.jpg

033ha.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alan: Among my favorites, those old Standard Quality lids. Looks terrific in black.

Perry: Thanks, and no worries my friend. Threw a curveball with my evening post. ;)

Jeff: Hemispherical perfection, that Bender!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82