Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
40s Stetson Deluxe St Regis from Alan.

wear177.jpg

That's a great photo, Randall!

Manfred, I dig the DeLuxe on you. Perry, your combinations are fantastic, as always.

But David, posting at 7:12 with a sharp hat and a close shave... just amazing.

For me, a Stratoliner... 'cause rainy days and Mondays always get me downtown.

121012.jpg

Oops, I stand corrected! These gentlemen take phenomenal pictures, so I will no longer disparage the instrument. :)

-A

Camera phones have tiny sensors and wide angle lenses which record a wide field with a lot of distortion to things in the foreground. Exercise caution when aiming at your nose!

The strong foreshortening will make the crown of your hat look short if you point the camera at your chin and tall if your hold the camera over your head and shoot down. The latter perspective will make a 1960s hat look like it has a tall straight crown out of the 1930s - a technique some ebay sellers use to advantage. Experiment and, as David says, always remember to carry your delete key.

And thanks for sharing your shot of the day with us.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Perry, Randall and Alan, thank you very much!

Randall, I like it, a great photo, what is it for a hat!

Alan, formidable Strat, great looking combination with your Jeans Jacket!

howardeye

Practically Family
That's a great photo, Randall!

Manfred, I dig the DeLuxe on you. Perry, your combinations are fantastic, as always.

But David, posting at 7:12 with a sharp hat and a close shave... just amazing.

For me, a Stratoliner... 'cause rainy days and Mondays always get me downtown.

121012.jpg

Where is the snow? I have family in North Tonawanda and will probably be up your way when The leaves turn green again. I didn't want to visit them without a passport to see the Canadian side of the falls. They just moved there from Florida a few months ago.

scooter

Practically Family
Manfred, I cannot wear a Homburg, but you make it look GOOD!

Alan, nice pic of you and your Strat, and a good infomercial on smartphone photography.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
It's too cold

Nice, Bert!

Startin' the week strong, gentlemen!

Randall, I have enjoyed your most recent two photos here. Today's is a great hybrid of tycoon and aloof! ;)

From the weekend, my Stephen Stetson low crowned, reverse tapered, bowler-esque lord's hat.

008er.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind remarks, gents. Manfred, it's a slightly more recent version of yours: RDS St. Regis.

I heard that Minnesota got 16 inches of snow over the last two days, maybe more than even Eric's snow shovel can deal with!

Your dashboard snaps a mean pic, Jeff!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82