Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Kind thanks, gentlemen, for your very nice comments!

Manfred: I share your preference for the b&w photos, but thought I would leave most of the color pictures as is. Again, many thanks!

Marshall: Thank you. It was an incredibly enjoyable and rewarding month for all involved. We have not yet uploaded the film onto any video-hosting sites but are considering our options. Thus far we have only produced a two dual-layer disc DVD for the cast, crew and their friends and families but the kids are debating how best to share their film with a wider audience. Work is already well underway on a much more ambitious and longer film with a significantly larger cast even as the kids are contemplating submission of their film to various film festivals.

Jeff: Many thanks. A project like this is unimaginably rewarding as well as exhausting and time(and resource) consuming, but at the same time remarkably infectious and addicting. The film will be a source of joy and great memories for the kids for years to come, I believe, and they are eagerly looking forward to starting the shoot on the sequel, anticipated to occur during their Winter break.

Perry: Appreciate your kind comment. We are building up quite a wardrobe department and I am constantly on the look-out for suitable costume pieces and props in preparation for the next film.

1961MJS: Thank you kindly. Neither Ryan or Josh or D.J. are quite hirsute enough to cultivate the appropriate mustache, so they all used gum-adhesive-applied theatrical mustaches. The unusually warm July we had created significant challenges and sometimes quite humorous moments, which made for great blooper material.

Che: Thanks, I appreciate your kind words. Will work on sharing the film in some way with my friends here and will let you know when we have it all figured out.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Fawcett Friday!!

Sahara ArtLite today

smugshot_1434181-L.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, Al, Che, Javier, Jeff, Perry and Randall, many thanks for the nice comments about my Stratoliner. The hat is similar in his dimensions
as the US brothers and I am really happy with him!

Randall, this Stratoliner is Vintage. Steve is sure that he is from the late 50s. Mayser had the license 1954 to produce Stetson hats for Germany. This is one of a the rare Stetson Stratoliner. I have never seen It before, here in Germany.

Perry, sharp look, with your Tilden.

Mike, yeah, you rock that 100! Nice photo!

David, a stunner the Sahara. I wish it was mine!

Che, good that you are feeling good and that you can share this great photos!Sharp look, brother!

Sam, looks good with Cap, I like it!

Jeff, looks fantastic your Falcon Park series!

Eric, nice photos with the bear in the background. Wonderful lid on your head!

JAVIER

Practically Family
David another winner!
Rodkins its all about the Benjamins, nice 100.
Hatto stellar Tilden.
Manfred cool Homburg, you wear well.

Today my latest acquisition, and first ever Pilgrim, highlighted recently on the new hats thread.

photobucket-4983-1354284199551.jpg

Fuh Friday

David, Mike, Perry, Manfred... :eusa_clap

Javier, your new Pilgrim looks sharp and the backdrop of WNY shows it off beautifully.

I can't seem to warm up today - time to break out some velour... in this case, Florentine Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe, cinque X.

113012.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
A half dozen great looking lids to start the weekend off.

David: Beautiful color combination. Almost looks like a nice Montecristi.

Mike: Great field shot of an outstanding lid.

Perry: Love your H.T.H. and vest.

Manfred: Fantastic new addition to your collection. That felt looks so soft, almost suede-like.

Javier: Terrific score on your new Pilgrim.

Alan: High time for velours for sure. Hope you've found some warmth at last.

lauro13

One of the Regulars
In honor of Che and Alan's last posts I'm wearing my recent Borsalino eBay find. Once again thanks to my tiny pinhead I snatched this up for $40. It was a bit small so I had to hatjack it but now its the perfect size for the up brim rakish angle I like. I'm posting some other pics, if anyone wants to pipe in with what year this lid may be I'd be most greatfull.

316CDBCE-8D41-46DC-BA0D-31C0A49093E8-9181-0000053FF195BE71.jpg

ECBCE1C6-F139-4627-B4AA-4DAC374BDA66-9181-000005445668183F.jpg

A4440A45-7FDD-4C13-9B93-E13FD98BCD7E-9181-00000544587FD700.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe