Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fawcett Friday...VS ArtLite Granite Playboy...
IMG_20120915_185104.jpg

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Chepstow, I'm really liking the Melone on you.

SBG: Thanks, in this part of the country one sees berets relatively frequently. The plato grande is bigger than anything I've seen anyone else wearing though. It's warm and good at blocking the morning sun so I like it for its functionality. It also easier to combine with non-collared shirts than a fedora in my opinion. Daring and courageous goes to those who do plumbing work while wearing a VS! I have a beat-up old newsboy for that kind of work.

Nice Barbisio Alan. The bling on your chest must be a real conversation starter. Aren't your clothing color choices a bit staid for a rainbow warrior?

Fed Four Friday For me
IMG_5337.JPG

IMG_5340.JPG

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
It has been a hectic week of meetings and travel for me and my family. Lydia, Ryan and I drove down to Chicago with my parents, visiting from California, to meet up with my brother, who flew in from Oregon for the same meeting along with his family.

On the corner of S. Wabash and E. Van Buren Sunday morning. Late '20s-early '30s Dobbs Heather. Having been at McCormick Place since 0630 for my meeting, I joined my family later in the morning to head over to The Art Institute Of Chicago, one of our favorite places in town.
That looks like the perfect hat for me, D. What are the dimensions?

randooch

I'll Lock Up
A & A, nice Dobbs. Aren't you tempted to deepen the crease a bit?

Manfred, excellent look in your melone!

We should someday have a contest for Best Photo Background. Lauro, your concert hall shot would be in the running.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. Chores were completed in the chilly slight winds of the 33'F morning.

IMG_3497-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

(Hatted in my 50's Stetson Stratoliner in cadet blue, vintage Pendleton Board Shirt (blue umbra), Levi's 501 (blue) under a blue spruce.)

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I'm wearing the high-quality Stetson OR that Frank sold me earlier this year:

100_1177.jpg

This one makes the brim look enormous, but it's only about 2.5":

100_1178.jpg

And the interior, with the round size tag:

100_1179.jpg

Very soft felt, easily shaped; it insisted on being a fedora style, and since I have a couple of other ORs or OR clones with cattleman creases, this was fine by me.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good style on the Stetson today. I like the way that the vintage hats can be worked into a modern life with modern clothes, as an accent. The ability to switch back and forth between vintage hats and new is a fun thing.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Back at the gym waiting for a new vault table to arrive via LTL.

IMG_3500-M.jpg

Thanks for taking a look today. Best, Eric -

(Hatted in a VS Wanderer in light weight granite. Removable liner in for today.)

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Randall, Sam and Alan, thank you very much for the kind words about the French Melone. I appreciate them all!

Rusty, thanks for the kind words about my avatar pic! I really like yours to! Was it made with photoshop?

Benz, that is a beautiful Hat that Stetson. I really like it!

Eric, you wear a favorite hat from me, the cadet blue, Strat. Sharp looking Hat!

Robert, excellent Dobbs! Congrats to the new one!

Tom, good combination your Stetson with that jacket! looks good!

Sam, compliment comes return! I really liking that Fed four on you!

AnA, very nice Dobbs, looks good with the flat brim!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe