Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Al, stunning photos! I am always surprised and fascinated of the little details in your photos.
You are a hat guy, that is fact! Equal what for a hat, every hat look sharp on you.

Eric, the second killer hat today!

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic, Al! I love that Warner & Warner, but the windblown shot is perfect and priceless. The Art Institute allows general photography of the paintings? I guess it's been that long since I've been to a real museum, but your photo of the Seurat could be a professional print.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Great photos, Al. I have wondered in the past, and now, whether you enhance your photos digitally. The colors are supernatural.

Eric, good luck with the faucet. I cringe at the prospect of plumbing repairs like that: seems like one bad pipe leads to another bad elbow, leads to another rusty pipe, ad infinitum.

Alan, your "afield" pics are stellar. You have The Eye. ;)

Alan, your "afield" pics are stellar. You have The Eye. ;)

Here's looking at you kid... and thanks!

d_friedman.gif

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Dang, Jared, you're rocking It in that Dillinger!

Thanks, Scooter!

jared: is that at Ocean Beach? I surfed it today around 1pm, started at the Cliff house but do to the currents, I quickly got swept to Sloat Ave.
Wearing my new to me 3X Open Road. Had the girls at Paul's re-block it for me but it still has a few lumps. I'm a bit of a newby so I don't know if this is do to poor workmanship or if the hats condition is to blame.
Ft. Funston actually, it's about 5 mins away from my door near where Great Highway ends. I try to take the pup there when I can so he can run around. The OR looks good on you! I'm also a fan of the brim up on that particular hat.
Jared-- MAN, I had forgotten about that one momentarily. This is my favorite photo of your Dillinger. Love the leather jacket, shades, and the hills behind you. Are you standing in the bay? Where is that?
Thanks Jeff, it's actually the nicest fake leather jacket I've seen, so I had to buy it. I'm right on the pacific here, below what used to be a coastal defense artillery and later a cold war era Nike missile site. The parking lot is actually paved over on top of the missile launch area! It was just about "magic hour" when I snapped the pic.

Jared, you look sharp with that Dillinger!
Thanks, Manfred

Javier: I really like the ribbon treatment on that Wynewood.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gorgeous hat Alan .I love that color combo with the ribbon. Very sophisticated and why I love those Italian fedoras.

Mystic

Practically Family
WOW!! What an amazing array of hats today!! :eusa_clap :clap2:

Eric, Al, Randal, Alan, Bowlerman, David.....This thread should be renamed: Hats I'm not wearing today but SHOULD be. :smile:

Randal, You must have been holding that one all day cause it doesn't look like anyone has been wearing it.

David, Another great one...btw..26 degrees is not chilly ....It's FREEZING.

Al, You must travel with an old steamer trunk.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Okay, nobody else is gonna bite, so: Alan, can you add some info about that formidable neck-wear? Super color on that Barbisio.

Thanks for the kudos on my lid, guys. Comfortable as can be, and always elicits comments from total strangers, which of course leads to me scratching out "thefedoralounge.com" on whatever scrap of paper is nearby. :)

Okay, nobody else is gonna bite, so: Alan, can you add some info about that formidable neck-wear?

Oh, that. 8^)... Thanks. It's a mid century Navajo rainbow warrior necklace. A recent addition to my small but growing collection of Ambrose Roanhorse silver work. I may be losing my mind.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Aha! I suspected the Roanhorse name might be involved! Warrior and Titan both. Very avant-guard and powerful ensemble.
Oh, that. 8^)... Thanks. It's a mid century Navajo rainbow warrior necklace. A recent addition to my small but growing collection of Ambrose Roanhorse silver work. I may be losing my mind.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, My Friends!

A sincere thanks to all for your generous and most kind comments! They are humbly received and deeply appreciated.

Great looking hats all around today, casechopper, MemphisLawyer, and Jeff. :eusa_clap

As always, great pics Al! I loved Chicago, and although my wife doesn't think we'll be back anytime soon, I feel differently. We were there during the hottest week this summer and I feel the need to be there when it's a tad cooler.

Thank you once again, m0nk. There is certainly much to see and do in Chicago, especially for us hat aficionados. ;)

Al; (形) 华丽的, 丰富的, 高尚的 pics! Chicago is a happening city in the midwest. Thanks for sharing your visit. The hat is classy looking and I am glad that you had a firm hand on it when you were walking Michigan Ave.
Al; I posted before you showcased your last pics. Wow - great pics in McCormick. The 1940s Warner & Warner "Beaver Twenty," and your brillantly striped shirt and blazer make you a standout!

Best wishes, Eric -

Thanks, Eric, you are too kind. Your command of Chinese is most impressive, exceeded only by your selection of beautiful lids today! Always love seeing you wear your ink-blue Cavanagh Homburg. I hope your water troubles have been resolved.

Al, Super Duo! I really like the '20s-early '30s Dobbs Heather but especially happy to see the 1920s-1930s A. France/Bodin Marseilles Velour. Also as usual great photo back drops.

Thank you, Steve. The Austrian-sourced velour on these French hats is quite phenomenal.

Al, stunning photos! I am always surprised and fascinated of the little details in your photos.
You are a hat guy, that is fact! Equal what for a hat, every hat look sharp on you.

Manfred, my friend, you are as always much too kind! Thank you!

That photo essay is fierce, AL. I am continually struck by the timeless profile of that heather Dobbs. Just wonderful.

My Batavian Dobbs and I thank you for your kind words! :yo: Everything about this old Dobbs makes me want to reach for it each and every day. Magnificent Barbisio today!

Fantastic, Al! I love that Warner & Warner, but the windblown shot is perfect and priceless. The Art Institute allows general photography of the paintings? I guess it's been that long since I've been to a real museum, but your photo of the Seurat could be a professional print.

Many thanks, Jeff. Yes the Art Institute's photography policy is very generous. They allow non-flash photos of all displayed artwork. The Minneapolis Institute Of Art is equally generous in allowing non-flash photography of their collection. Special exhibitions, however, generally do allow photography. Next time you and your family are in the Twin Cities, let me know. We would love to show you around the MIA.

Love the colors on your D Bar J! :eusa_clap

Great photos, Al. I have wondered in the past, and now, whether you enhance your photos digitally. The colors are supernatural.

Thanks, Randall. I do not use Photoshop on any of my photos. My preference is to manipulate my camera to extract the desired effect without post-processing. To that end I am constantly fiddling with my aperture and exposure settings, as well as adjusting white balance. I very, very rarely use flash, much preferring to slightly under-expose my photos, which I find enhances color saturation. Additionally, I am always looking for strong natural color, texture and tonal contrasts to enhance my pictures. Did I mention that I take a LOT of pictures? Experimenting with different angles and lighting will result in sometimes subtle but often dramatic differences in effect. To illustrate this, below is another photo from the series I had Lydia shoot by the brilliant red leaves at the University Of Chicago:

Having said all of that, on occasion I will adjust the tint or color temperature of a picture ever so slightly using iPhoto, if I feel that, despite my best efforts in adjusting my settings, the camera was grossly inaccurate in capturing the true colors. It is very difficult to achieve consistency in color rendition since changes in ambient light conditions can have significant impact on the image, as illustrated by the last few at McCormick Place. Note the change in hue of my W&W felt and my face from natural to strong fluorescent light.

Great looking Borsalino, by the way, but I would much rather see of picture of it on your noggin!

AL, I have a hat identical your black long hair. It's late 40's twenty, Dobb's I think.

Would love to see some photos of your long-hair Dobbs!

WOW!! What an amazing array of hats today!! :eusa_clap :clap2:

Eric, Al, Randal, Alan, Bowlerman, David.....This thread should be renamed: Hats I'm not wearing today but SHOULD be. :smile:

Al, You must travel with an old steamer trunk.

Thank you kindly, I appreciate your nice words. On our road trips to Chicago we travel with a steamer trunk in the shape of an SUV. Amazing how many hats one can pack into such a receptacle.

Last edited:

lauro13

One of the Regulars
Stetson 3X Toronado today. Love the logo! I got a bit of surfing done and the dog got a walk at Ocean Beach right before sundown, then later at Davies Symphony Hall for Louis C.K..

C4B134F1-D5C2-4739-9D26-30ED60F97D1A-5198-000002AB9B4F31B6.jpg

6A6A3660-4DB0-4B3D-B928-F53358C20E1E-5597-000002DA3D7C30B9.jpg

CEB2CD9E-16C5-45A5-BEFE-10F0DD641ADC-5198-000002AF28BD5F66.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Lauro, nice Stetson! You rock these stingys!

Alan, I'm in love in your brown Barbisio! Very elegant in shape, a marvelous hat!

Randall, a beautiful Hat! Looks like never worn. Fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe