Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For the comments on my hat on Saturday:
Thanks Tomb1013, splintercellsz, chepstow, RBH, seabass, jlee562 (it is a great versatile color), mayerswegener (NYC's always fun).

Great western slant to that OR, Perry!

Thanks for the notes on the weekend snapshot. Low light and grainy, Mike... the felt is a solid light gray.

Excellent photos, Che. Nice that you can get so many months from your milans. They are heavy enough for three season use, but with our wet spring and fall, I never think of it.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Sam, no evacuation yet from your area? Nice beret, and I was psyched to see the Carmack in action the other day!
Has David checked in yet this morning? Any other coastal New Englanders?
Rusty, that is a really great Campdraft! I agree re: the dimensions.
Che-- I've already commented on that beauty of a hat, but I am really digging the new shots!
The Alan-- I suppose one can't be too conspicuous when daughters are around... :) Very nice Disney.
Perry-- the OR wears fantastically on you! Nice choice.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Undecided on today's hat, but here's what I ended up wearing most of the weekend. Borsalino "Ghiaccio" with felted edge. Brim down on my way to a concert (no tuxedo since it was a pops show), and brim up lounging around the house yesterday.

0054s.jpg

0083m.jpg

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sam, no evacuation yet from your area? Nice beret, and I was psyched to see the Carmack in action the other day!

Thanks Bowlerman. I don't think we'll get an evacuation order. We're reasonably high compared to the bad flood areas. We've also got long island and NYC between us and the ocean so it would have to be pretty bad there before we'd have to leave. I live in the middle of a forest with lots of overhanging trees though so my main worry is damage to the house from falling branches.

Nice Borso and looks like nicer weather over your way.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Undecided on today's hat, but here's what I ended up wearing most of the weekend. Borsalino "Ghiaccio" with felted edge. Brim down on my way to a concert (no tuxedo since it was a pops show), and brim up lounging around the house yesterday.

0054s.jpg

0083m.jpg

Years ago on TV shows brim up was an effect they used on characters who were drunk and who would otherwise have brim down. I'm afraid that was imprinted in my brain and brim up still looks wrong to me.
Sharp hat (with the brim down).

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Perry, sharp OR today. you look great with him!

Sam, cool Beret, looks good on you!

Jeff, Borsalino for today, very well choice! You wear him great!

Tom, very nice Strat, color and shape looks sharp.

Wearing an Eastern cap today... one of a bunch of NOS caps from Dinerman's auctions earlier this year. To my friends to the east and those to the west (20 foot waves on Lake Michigan??), be safe out there and take pictures.

102912.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Compliments to all for the fine display of a variety of different hat styles and brim widths over the weekend. They are all quite exceptional!

Nice lids this morning, Perry, Jeff, Tom and Alan. Tough acts to follow! :yo:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, sharp looking cap, comes good with your fur jacket.

I have heard about the hurrican Sandy today in the News.
Take care, guys. I hope you are all in safety in this area. My thoughts are with you all.
And that no one to harm comes.

Jaxworx

Familiar Face
Alan & Manfred, Thanks! The winds are picking up here in Maryland (2:00PM Eastern Time) and starting to get some brownouts.

A tip of the hat, if I may, to these gentlemen who worked on their uniforms for hours in order to stand watch over the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, even during a hurricane:

tomb-of-the-unknown.jpg

“Through the years of diligence and praise and the discomfort of the elements, I will walk my tour in humble reverence to the best of my ability.”

In my estimation, these soldiers personify discipline in dress, procedure and character. They are sharp right down to the bone.

Earl Needham

Familiar Face
It's surprising to me that they haven't had their hats blown off. I don't think I ever met anyone in the military who knew how to size their hat and make it FIT so it wouldn't blow off.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Homburg Homage

A weekend of homage to the Homburg, and to some friends, old and new: Maestros of the culinary, visual, and performing arts.

Detained by a very busy day at work, we arrived at Techniques Restaurant Friday evening five minutes late for our reservation. Chef Instructor Pierre Rabbia working with a student server at Le Cordon Bleu's Minnesota school. Pierre was one of the top Sommeliers in France, having won the top prize in Paris back in the 1980s.

Not a Homburg, but my most worn felt hat. OPTIMO Natural Beaver Belly.

Pumpkin cheesecake to finish off our three-course meal, prepared by students at the school. The students are directly supervised in the kitchen by renowned master chef Ken Goff. It is always an event and an immense pleasure to talk food with fellow foodies like Pierre and Ken.

Dropping Ryan off at his SAT-prep class at Macalester College in St. Paul Saturday morning. Borsalino 'Nutria' Homburg from Salvatore Balbi, Napoli, via a little detour to Modena.

View of the Cathedral Of Saint Paul on Cathedral Hill, St. Paul after lunch.

Previous photo was taken from where I stood for this one: In front of the Minnesota History Center.

One of our favorite places in the Twin Cities, we were visiting this Saturday afternoon for the Dia de los Muertos celebration, and to see our old friend and wonderful artist B.J. Christofferson's special installation, seen here.

The artistry displayed in the ofrendas set up to remember and honor family and loved ones is truly remarkable.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Now THAT is a wide-brim worn with brim-up attitude.

Honoring the memory of those who are no longer with us goes hand-in-hand with celebrating and savoring Life to the fullest.

Leaving the History Center in the waning light of late afternoon. The Minnesota State Capitol in the background. We are blessed to have two magnificent domed structures in St. Paul.

Just prior to stepping out on Sunday afternoon. 1940s Stetson St. Regis Homburg, with my Golden Age, 1940s Oviatt's Donegal Tweed jacket.

We were in the quaint neighborhood of Saint Anthony Park in St. Paul to attend our friend Julie Himmelstrup's Schubert Club/Music In The Park music series.

For the past thirty years or so, Julie's fantastic chamber music series has been a labor of love, the concerts always held at the beautiful St. Anthony Park United Church Of Christ.

Baiba Skride. Her phenomenal performance and triumph at the 2001 Queen Elisabeth Music Competition are the stuff of legends, but we have never had the opportunity to see or hear her play until this past Sunday.

Discussing all manner of violins and violin playing after Baiba's amazing recital, during which she was accompanied by her younger sister Lauma.

We could have gone on talking for hours...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe