Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, that looks sharp, the boater stands you great.

Mystic, great looking Emerson. Fits you great. I have also an Emerson Dryette.

Jeff, you make your name a honor! The Bowler and Derby Hats look great on you!

Carl, both Hat are looking great on you!

Javier, I like this photo, the wide brim Straw stands you great!

Jared, the OR is a good Hat for you, looks great!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino this morning!

wear114.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Chief! The bowler, the boater, and the brooks brothers-- bravo!

Jlee-- you have some pretty sweet stingies, but man you are rocking that Resistol OR clone.

Manfred, what can I say, but exquisite!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
A Sad Farewell...

...to Orchestra Hall. Its iconic modernist structure and unparalleled acoustic magnificence host to innumerable, unforgettable experiences for me and my family for 17 years, and to millions of music lovers for nearly four decades. Last evening we attended the Minnesota Orchestra's season finale, and bade farewell to some old friends...

The oversized ventilation ducts that have served as faithful backdrop for countless photos we have taken over the years. They will sadly not be retained, as an entirely new facade will be constructed of glass and stone.

Interesting how years of memories came flooding back in but a few moments.

It was difficult not to feel a bit sentimental after all these years.

The focus of the major renovation is on the facade and lobby areas.

The heart and soul of Orchestra Hall will see minor upgrades as it is well-nigh impossible to improve upon this acoustical marvel.

Getting late after the champagne reception in the lobby.

A final good-bye to my big blue friends.

Until June, 2013...

Chief000731

Practically Family
Sounds emotional, but I know what you mean sad... Chief
...to Orchestra Hall. Its iconic modernist structure and unparalleled acoustic magnificence host to innumerable, unforgettable experiences for me and my family for 17 years, and to millions of music lovers for nearly four decades. Last evening we attended the Minnesota Orchestra's season finale, and bade farewell to some old friends...

The oversized ventilation ducts that have served as faithful backdrop for countless photos we have taken over the years. They will sadly not be retained, as an entirely new facade will be constructed of glass and stone.

Interesting how years of memories came flooding back in but a few moments.

It was difficult not to feel a bit sentimental after all these years.

The focus of the major renovation is on the facade and lobby areas.

The heart and soul of Orchestra Hall will see minor upgrades as it is well-nigh impossible to improve upon this acoustical marvel.

Getting late after the champagne reception in the lobby.

A final good-bye to my big blue friends.

Until June, 2013...

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Al, thank you for sharing those. Quite possibly the most poignant set of photos you have posted yet. With the nostalgia will come a new life, and new memories to be built next to the updated orchestra hall. With any luck, MO won't have to endure such major renovations itself, but I know some of those are already underway. I feel confident that the quality of their product won't be compromised.
moot point, but nice hat.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
on a lighter note, I was wearing my burgundy Dobbs out with my morning tea, with its new black puggaree (direction corrected-- thanks bond!), when Sylvester came home jumping over the fence like a bat out of hell, being chased by a couple of angry barking squirrels!

0082copy.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
B.R, Chief, Al and Jeff, thanks very much, too kind.
Yes I am enjoying the Borsalino and I wear him often. The color of that Hat fits for the most jackets.

Chief, nice silhouette of the Brooks Brother. Looks like a Gangster Movie.

Al, fantastic shots as ever and wow your Panama is a wonderful Hat.
The Borsalino is not the only thing I enjoy, I enjoy your photos too!

Jeff, Old Hat with new pug, but looks much better as the old ribbon. Good work!!!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Rodkins
Killer hat i enjoyed my Playboy last week.
the faint stitching around the brim edge is a great touch on those PB's & the mid ribbon
just a great hat !

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Delectans, Great Memories, Great Orchestra Hall, Great Photos, & Great Great Hat !

Chief nice silhoutte shot !

Bowlerman Burgundy & black Pug is like fine wine.....

Chepstow, Borso's are you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jlee really cool the way you sport that OR........

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Until June, 2013...

Al; The "temporary lobby and shell" have served our communitee well for 39 years and 10 million patrons. I am so pleased that you were able to celebrate the last performance and solidify your long memories of this well loved facility. The sound, to me as an audience member, has always been great! Congrats on being supportive to the last performance. While solid memories (visual, auditory) exist of the current facility, I hope you are like me and am excited to see the "new and improved" facility. The big blue friends served us as meeting place landmarks.

My reflections are all of the memories of folks and occasions. Most of my visits were on a Sat. when I would take my nephews to McFail in the mornings for lessons and then over to Orch.Hall for events. On occasion my wife and would visit a concert. They were special ocasions. We would head and arrive early enjoying the downtown area establishments and generally visiting. After we would stop locally and enjoy an quiet moment together. Reflecting as a result of your post - thanks! I can only sumise that your memories would be full of emotion and long content as you have spoken to being a frequent patron. I tip my hat to you for being a long time patron - thanks.

Great shots sir. Another event that can be fodder for future reflection when you open these pics.

Oh yes the hat - classy and appropriate.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Delectans, Great Memories, Great Orchestra Hall, Great Photos, & Great Great Hat !
Chief nice silhoutte shot !
Bowlerman Burgundy & black Pug is like fine wine.....
Chepstow, Borso's are you !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jlee really cool the way you sport that OR........

+1. Nice hats fellows.

Best wishes on this summer Saturday, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe