Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
Wow while Eric looks nice in that hat....
I dont think it comes anywhere close to BWE.

costumes-nucky.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Details please, I am digging your Dobbs, how do I get my hands on one like that, absolute fantastic! Looks like it was plucked from the set of Boardwalk Empire, again can we get some details on it, specs and history. - Javier

Javier/Randall/RBH; Wow that is a sharp dressed fellow! Not me for certain.

The pictured hat is a Dobbs Basino in natural. It arrived, Ebay purchase, without any ribbon. Here is sample retial info - https://hats-plus.com/p-260-dobbs-basino-straw-hat.aspx .

The pug, and several other colors, was recently purchased at Panama Bob's website. It is a coated straw. In fact it is kind of like the Stetson Whippet straw that I have. The curled brim caught my eye as interesting and hence the purchase. I am only a year and some into hat wearing. As such I have better defined my felt desires, but the straw warmer hats still remain undefined. As many others I am aquiring hats to discover what straw/milan hat I will really enjoy.

So far this hat has garnered lots of comments. I am uncertain whether they are because of the uniqueness of the hat. In either case, the hat fits and is working great.

Thanks for the interest. Here are some further pics;

IMG1445-M.jpg

IMG1443-M.jpg

IMG1444-M.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I hope I am not wearing out my welcome. It is a very pretty evening in Minnesota.

IMG1446-L.jpg

This evening the temps are quickly dropping and I am sitting in the boathouse sipping my fav beer, Founders Oatmeal Breakfast Stout. I saved a couple of cases out here for special occasions. They should last me till next late fall when it is brewed again. Tonight is a Stetson OR 25X wearing special "Stout" evening. At my size and weight one beer is all. Moderation, but quality is my mantra. I will sip it and listen to the Loons on the lake. Can you imagine, some folks do not like the sound of the loon. Thank goodness for 50' temps. Oh-la-la.

Cheers mates, Eric -

seabass

Call Me a Cab
SBG
That is a Fine Photo & Hat there.
Today i have the pleasure of enjoying the Clean & Cool Stratoliner I Bought off you,
Sorta Looks Like the OR in your pic. I wore your hat working in the front yard & It sure felt Great
Looks like a good Beer there,
232323232%7Ffp7344%3B%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D353853%3C5%3B934%3Bnu0mrj

Last edited:

coble

A-List Customer
The products of my weekend thus far:

'going out to dinner with the wife warranted a Dobbs Milan, the only straw I'm really comfortable wearing out.

016copy.jpg

been avoiding this activity for the past few months, but it just needed to happen this weekend, with a Dobbs lord's hat:

019copyv.jpg

and a little yardwork/cleaning the gutters just in time for last evening's thunderstorms in my Stetson Austral.

image28copy.jpg

I really like the last hat, all three are great, but the last one is excellent. Looking good man, hope things are going well for you.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, coble! things are cookin' along out here. Off season now until September, so I will have to find a good hat appropriate for taking the kids to the city pools almost every day-- one that can withstand a little beating from heat, water, possibly getting thrown about, and most importantly one that wouldn't be totally devastating if it got pinched.
I still gotta get around to that oak colored palm derby!

Eric-- you are the only person I have ever seen look dashing in that Dobbs Basino. well done, my friend!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
H.H, nice Panama. Cant wait to see the new Hat!

Jeff, good looking Hats as always. The Stetson Austral is an eye catcher!

Vampyre Master, nice boater, looks good with the wide ribbon!

Eric, marvelous Dobbs, he looks super on you!

David, good looking Stetson. A good choice!

Javier, that's is a cool Adam Milan. You wear the stingy very well.

Seabass, nice photos and cool Hats.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
SBG
That is a Fine Photo & Hat there. Today i have the pleasure of enjoying the Clean & Cool Stratoliner I Bought off you,
Sorta Looks Like the OR in your pic. I wore your hat working in the front yard & It sure felt Great Looks like a good Beer there,
232323232%7Ffp7344%3B%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D353853%3C5%3B934%3Bnu0mrj

Seabass; I am very glad that you are enjoying the gray Stratoliner. You look sharp in your hat sir! To note, you look sharp in all of your pics.

Inspired by Seabass, here is a pic after this mornings dog walk. I am hatted in my Stetson Stratoliner 50's grey felt.

IMG1452-L.jpg

Good morning all. Eric -

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Jeff: Thanks, and excellent choices for the long weekend!

Eric: Love the brim curl on your Dobbs, and what a fine color for the pug. Thank you for the kind words. Hope you had a great time down in the VERY Windy City over the weekend!

David: Fine looking Panama, but how did it fit after the buzz? VS on a Tuesday? Where are the TWs? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe