Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
It's rainy down here this morning so I wore my durable Akubra RM Williams
844808b5.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't think they are. The RM Williams, I think, was an exclusive, like DavidMorgan's Bushman. I think it was offered around the same time as the Federation III. I know there are a couple other RM Williams floating around the Lounge. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I don't think they are. The RM Williams, I think, was an exclusive, like DavidMorgan's Bushman. I think it was offered around the same time as the Federation III. I know there are a couple other RM Williams floating around the Lounge. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.
Neo is correct. Not vintage - just a "special" model that is basically a modified campdraft.
This was the original bash-
642edc79.jpg

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Very windy, nevertheless I wore the Fed IV down to the county courthouse earlier today. (It blew off and rolled around a bit moments after this photo was snapped). After poking around without getting arrested, headed across the street for lunch at Phil’s Tara Hideaway, a place which claims to have been frequented by gangsters back in the day.

Lunch.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David: Another paja beauty. Looks great with the transplanted pug.

Thanks, AL. I'm still searching for the perfect straw hat, but I think I'm good for this summer at least.

Nice to see you back, Javier - looking good in the Adam, mate!

Last edited:

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
I posted this one over in the Akubra thread, but I thought I’d throw it here too since I was wearing it around for a bit tonight. Gripped by impulse, I trimmed the 2 1/2” brim on the already modified Campdraft down to a more comfortable 2 3/16.” You can really do a lot of nifty things with these Campdrafts.

StingyBrim.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
TPD - the Campdraft looks great with the Cattleman's Crease.

BJ - love your new avatar; any resemblance between your photo and my one is 100% coincidence. Oh all right... more like 1% then =)

I probably won't be able to post tomorrow so here's my BJ inspired FAWCETT Friday contribution a little early. Silvermist VS ArtLite (don't worry Art, I have no intention of cutting down the brim!)

photo-5b-L.jpg

I just love the ArtLite felts.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Mike, stunning Akubra. He looks very good on you.

B.J, the slight modification looks good .

Javier, welcome back, the Adam is a great Hat and fits you perfect.

TPD, wow, looks good with the new crease.

David, cool photo and silvermist. Art is glad to hear this! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe