Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Rotax

Familiar Face
The brims are just too narrow for me. I like at least 3 inches on the brim and a five to six inch non-tapered, tall crown. Fits the shape of my face best, I think...

Same here. I'm not even sure about going as narrow as a 3" brim. I'm comfortable wearing a 4" brim cattleman SB with anything from jeans and a t-shirt to a dark blue pin-stripe business suit.

Been looking at a Stetson Range in SB which is basically just a cattleman with a 3" brim but I don't know if that'd work for me.

You did a good job ;)

+3, one on each point. That's one of the greatest photos I think I've ever seen.

Thanks x2!

A "half Douglas" shot:

004copyp.jpg

Great hat, well captured.

(Way better than a half Nelson.)

halfnelson.jpg

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
Same here. I'm not even sure about going as narrow as a 3" brim. I'm comfortable wearing a 4" brim cattleman SB with anything from jeans and a t-shirt to a dark blue pin-stripe business suit.

Been looking at a Stetson Range in SB which is basically just a cattleman with a 3" brim but I don't know if that'd work for me.

I can't go any wider than three on my head without it looking like an Aussie Hat or Western. I already have Cowboy hats. However, I have difficulty finding fedoras in my dimensions so ironically I wind up converting old Cowboy Hats with nice tall crowns. Like the one in my avatar. I like the SB's. Good choice!

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Too many great hats to mention since I last stopped by. Well done. :eusa_clap

Had to break out the white Beaver Brand to wear down to our nonprofit’s 39th annual legislative awards banquet this evening.

12DSCF2728.jpg

Haven’t had time to sign in lately, but the modified campdraft has proven to be the go-to hat lately.

brothelcreeper

Familiar Face
Loving that (insert arbitrary fraction here) Douglas, bowlerman. The difference in tone between the felt and band really give it a pop.

So, I bit the bullet today after walking around all day with a what felt like a beach umbrella on my head. I'm talking of course about the 3" brim of my Akubra Squatter. I've always loved the crown and I was trying very hard to love the brim width. The 30s-style fedora has really grabbed hold of me these last few weeks after seeing Bogie's in 'The Maltese Falcon', as well as in a lot of photos. I came across some of the customs at the Falcon Park Hattery in the style I was looking for but since I'm back at uni in less than 2 weeks, the funds really aren't there for one of those, let alone this beauty http://optimohats.com/#/hats/117/ . So I gave the Squatter one last chance today, with a fresh bash, but I just didn't feel 100% underneath it. And so...

Before (sometime last week):
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

After:
IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

All in all, the brim lost only a centimeter but it's made all the difference and I feel the love for this lid as I thought I would when I first took it home.

Now the Squatter looks even squat---er

coble

A-List Customer
setting up for my art show this weekend the 18th.

401211_10150677834150350_503590349_11904515_1588493073_n.jpg

2 new black and white paintings i did for my art show this weekend, inspired by the hardships of the early 1900's, and the love of music.

417561_10150677821945350_503590349_11904420_2084214011_n.jpg

430232_10150677819200350_503590349_11904411_687999041_n.jpg

-great looking hats guys for the past few days.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Wow, I miss one day and so many great hats.
Love the photos of Alan and Prince Josh's mums as well.

Oh well, back to the early shift with Mr Main Street this morning.

smugshot476266-L.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Loving that (insert arbitrary fraction here) Douglas, bowlerman. The difference in tone between the felt and band really give it a pop.

So, I bit the bullet today after walking around all day with a what felt like a beach umbrella on my head. I'm talking of course about the 3" brim of my Akubra Squatter. I've always loved the crown and I was trying very hard to love the brim width. The 30s-style fedora has really grabbed hold of me these last few weeks after seeing Bogie's in 'The Maltese Falcon', as well as in a lot of photos. I came across some of the customs at the Falcon Park Hattery in the style I was looking for but since I'm back at uni in less than 2 weeks, the funds really aren't there for one of those, let alone this beauty http://optimohats.com/#/hats/117/ . So I gave the Squatter one last chance today, with a fresh bash, but I just didn't feel 100% underneath it. And so...

Before (sometime last week):

All in all, the brim lost only a centimeter but it's made all the difference and I feel the love for this lid as I thought I would when I first took it home.

Now the Squatter looks even squat---er

nice trim, brothelcreeper-- a centimeter does indeed make ALL the difference! And the new raw edge looks really sharp too.

setting up for my art show this weekend the 18th.

2 new black and white paintings i did for my art show this weekend, inspired by the hardships of the early 1900's, and the love of music.

-great looking hats guys for the past few days.

Good luck with the show, Coble! I really dig those paintings, and the inspiration. Could they be self portraits in part? (Nice hats!)

Too many great hats to mention since I last stopped by. Well done. :eusa_clap

Had to break out the white Beaver Brand to wear down to our nonprofit’s 39th annual legislative awards banquet this evening.

Haven’t had time to sign in lately, but the modified campdraft has proven to be the go-to hat lately.

I still can't get over your shaping of that hat, B.J. You make that BB look like a real vintage!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, stunning Lee. Color and ribbon looks perfect.

Thanks Manfred! Believe it or not, the Lee is a completely different hat. I bought them at nearly the same time but the Wellington had a sweatband that crumbled away, so I had a new one installed.

from left to right, Wellington, Lee, Stetson royal deluxe OR (not relevant to the conversation, but already in the same photo.)
009copym.jpg

Manfred, Mike, David-- nice to wake up to lids like those today!

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Manfred! Believe it or not, the Lee is a completely different hat. I bought them at nearly the same time but the Wellington had a sweatband that crumbled away, so I had a new one installed.

from left to right, Wellington, Lee, Stetson royal deluxe OR (not relevant to the conversation, but already in the same photo.)

Manfred, Mike, David-- nice to wake up to lids like those today!
The Wellington and the Lee are stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82