Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
021612_2.jpg

Absolutely Splendid Stetson 15, Alan! That gray is most definitely YOUR color.

Just copying off of Aureliano, though I did do my hair first. lol

Manfred, thank you. I believe this is the first time I've worn it. With a more traditional homburg pinch, it rests on my ears. This more aggressive crease changes the fit quite a bit.

Last edited:

TipTop

Practically Family
<smile> As Randall remembers, this photo was taken the day I received the little cap. It's placement in my avatar is all smoke and mirrors... with a little help from Photoshop. :)

Alan, that's an O'Henry twist to the cap Photoshop story from what I expected! May I say, now that I have seen your Mother's portrait, that in your present-day cap shot, you look, well, like a "little imp". And I know your Mother would appreciate that term, as it is offered in its most endearing sense. Maybe it's all the glow from inside while wearing it, but I do like it on you.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I am off again this evening traveling to a gymnastics meet. This afternoon I needed to get some of last weeks trophy's out of the office onto the lobby shelves. Typically we let athletes take the trophies home after the meets. At the meet site the team votes (different criterias each meet) and awards the "take-home" trophy. It comes back to the gym and then it follows a sign-up sheet we have in the office.

IMG0519-L.jpg

Traveling in my VS sahara. Totally comfortable custom hat for a long evening and early morning of travel. The beaver felt custom hat works sooo well for traveling. The VS's are very comfortable, durable, shed dirt, and look smart during travel. I would worry to much to wear many of my prized vintage hats. I do prize my VS hats, but I see them as very sturdy.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
Randall, thanks for such a nice thought. She was a very interesting and talented woman.

Ray, here is a link to the cap photos I took when it arrived. Auction said 22" in circumference but that turned out to be a little off. It's a great little cap and a perfect fit on my avatar.

Zetwal, knowing your tastes, I'm guessing that is a pretty nice 100 up close.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Here, here!
So much to look forward to, Alan. Good luck with the apps, and at the DMV! Dancing and discipline/responsibility go hand in hand, so I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about.
I pretty much had a stroke last weekend when I let my 2 daughters walk to Walgreens alone (of course they were with each other) for the first time!

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
I just don't think I will ever wear another hat. I think my old ones will be going up for sale soon. The brims are just too narrow for me. I like at least 3 inches on the brim and a five to six inch non-tapered, tall crown. Fits the shape of my face best, I think...

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Your elegant mother exudes intelligence, and she certainly passed that demeanor on to you. Lovely photograph.

+3, one on each point. That's one of the greatest photos I think I've ever seen.

Wonderfulness all around, today, everyone! The Huckels, the heathers, the 15s to the 100s, the conversions, the Dobbs and VS's, and an Akubra that can really take a beating. Just awesome.

I was wearing my purple-grey Lee Trinity today, but was ecstatic to receive this Wellington back, reblocked and with a fresh sweatband, so I will finish the day with it! (My warmest and most sincere thanks, Ale-- it couldn't be better!)

A "half Douglas" shot:

004copyp.jpg

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
My little one turns 17 tomorrow. We have a date after school to visit the Dept. of Motor Vehicles. I took some photos the other day for her summer dance program applications. I am wearing an old Borsalino thin ribbon - but who cares. :)

lilydancewinter2012.jpg

Makes me yearn for my Daughters. They live in Northern Cali and I'm all the way down here in Oklahoma. They will be visiting me for five days next week! My oldest is 18 and graduating High School in June. *Poof!* .......where, oh where does the time go?.....*sigh*........

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
bowlerman;1405001I was wearing my purple-grey Lee Trinity today said:
You're welcome, Jeff. It was fun working on it and I'm glad to hear that you like it and that it fits you well. That was my biggest fear and I'm glad it's sitting comfortably. The sweat BTW wasn't bad at all, it felt soft and nice against the forehead. (Yes, I wore the hat around the house for a little bit : eeek: lol)

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
(My warmest and most sincere thanks, Ale-- it couldn't be better!)

You're welcome, Jeff. It was fun working on it and I'm glad to hear that you like it and that it fits you well. That was my biggest fear and I'm glad it's sitting comfortably. The sweat BTW wasn't bad at all, it felt soft and nice against the forehead. (Yes, I wore the hat around the house for a little bit :eeek: lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82