Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
More great hats today. I like the thin ribbon, Salty - I wore one today also. Portis Tissue Lite
a346bbfa.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Steve; Very nice bowler. I have been going thru the associated thread and appreciating that not all bowlers were created equal. You have a special bowler sir. Influenced by the bowlers I have seen on the forum, I too purchased one a couple of months ago. It arrived looking like a dented hubcup. Totally flattened, with a middle bump (shape to indicate it formerly was a bowler) and with a rip across the crown from errant shipping practices by USPS. I am waiting to source another quality bowler. In the meantime I am appreciating yours.

David; TT Tuesday is a day that is fun to tune into the forum for. Got to love them ribbons.

Rodkins; The Portis shines.

Salty; Thin ribbons work for you sir. Quite the show the past couple of days.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Tired and about this morning. We just installed a new tumbling floor at the gym. Not wishing to miss a practise, we completed it in the early hours of the morning. Rather than head home for a couple hours of sleep and then return for morning practice, I slept at the gym.

I am home and completing chores. I am sipping coffee outside in the rather warm 20' weather. Wearing my VS sahara hat. As I am tired, I had to see the pic to recognize what hat I chose to wear as I had no recollection.

IMG0376-L.jpg

Gotta get some sleep, Eric -

Eric, Thanks! This one is in very good shape except for some binding wear. I am sorry to hear about your misfortunes. I have found that the German and Austrian Melone are a bit softer than their English and American cousins. They will still dent but usually not crack. A good dose of steam will usually smooth out most dents. In fact this JHS Melone had some minor dents.

Steve; Very nice bowler. I have been going thru the associated thread and appreciating that not all bowlers were created equal. You have a special bowler sir. Influenced by the bowlers I have seen on the forum, I too purchased one a couple of months ago. It arrived looking like a dented hubcup. Totally flattened, with a middle bump (shape to indicate it formerly was a bowler) and with a rip across the crown from errant shipping practices by USPS. I am waiting to source another quality bowler. In the meantime I am appreciating yours.

David; TT Tuesday is a day that is fun to tune into the forum for. Got to love them ribbons.

Rodkins; The Portis shines.

Salty; Thin ribbons work for you sir. Quite the show the past couple of days.

Best, Eric -
+1 with Eric.
and your VS is fab, Eric!
pw014.jpg

Knox 15 for today, a nice sunny one here in Ohio.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Small business rules, most times. Back at the gym and vacuuming. Pic un-focused, so am I.

IMG0384-M.jpg

VS Dove.

Not turning on the heat yet, so my head appreciates the hat - saving money. My girls should arrive within 20 minutes and then off to the races.
Eric -

Last edited:

BR Gordon

One Too Many
This will be an extended series on our summer (winter at home) time in Chile.

The cable required to download my camera has finally arrived, so we begin:
The weather as we left Albuquerque on January 13th was clear and mid 30s. I had my VS Sahara and packed my VS montecristi. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a difficult time planning for weather that is drastically different that what I'm currently experiencing. I've been to South America enough to know that it's summer here and warm, but I had to force myself to take the montecristi. I've worn no other hat since arriving.
View of city from the roof of our apartment building.

We spent the first day recovering from the flight down. The next day we went for lunch at a restaurant in the Central Market. I was able to get a few photos of the market, but none of us in the restaurant. it was very full, crowded with people getting the mid day meal, by far the largest meal of the day here.

Tomorrow will do La Chascona, Museo Neruda and Cerro San Cristobal.

Last edited:

Shohei

Familiar Face
I missed a day and I am done for!

Too many fine lids to comment on them all so I have to say I'm always in awe of what is put up here.
Couple of quick notes though, Al your a brave gent to face that sloppy joe unprotected! Awesome photos & hats as usual!

Love your knox Alan, and J1 that vs is a beauty and exactly what I was thinking about for my first VS. Sharp!

No lid today and I feel a little off about it. I think this hat issue may be considered a problem if I am planning a trip out simply to don a hat. Nights not yet begun, there is still time! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe