Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
MN, part 3

We ended the night staying in Bayport, MN with my friend and coworker who plays oboe in my section in South Dakota. What a wonderful surprise to see his late grandfather's "The Crusader" derby in his studio!
edinatrip036.jpg

Great shot of his reed-making desk:
edinatrip029.jpg

He was kind enough to allow me to check the hat out up close. I don't think it had been worn in awhile...
edinatrip032.jpg

edinatrip039.jpg

edinatrip040.jpg

and the drive this morning home illuminated my Resistol Wide Country. It really seems to prefer the crease shown here, ridges and all, and I think I like it that way.
edinatrip046.jpg

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another recommendation from Al took us briefly to Heime's Haberdashery before being seated for dinner. This one took my wife a little extra persuading.
They appeared to have a really wonderful selection of modern production hats. While I would have been interested in trying a few, the racks weren't organized and the young salespeople had no idea what the 7 1/8 inventory was, or where to find it!
Still, we managed to find one in my size, by Guerra. I don't care to repeat the words my wife used to describe me in this hat, but suffice it to say that it was clear that this "eggplant" porkpie was not going home with us!
edinatrip010.jpg

I don't Bowlerman. The color looks kinda good with your beard. On the other hand, I couldn't wear a color named eggplant in anything, even underwear. It's a little like the black cherry, but lighter. Ain't on my list though either.

Later Happy New Year etc.

clossonrr

New in Town
The wife and I went out last night and seen The Phantom of the Opera show at the Venetian in Las Vegas. Great show! I wore my Belfry Gangster.
phantomopera.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
After wearing my Stetson 3X Open Road for 4 days in Texas, it was refreshing to wear a different hat this morning.
Allan Stuart
5156907a.jpg

jbucklin

Practically Family
I like the looks of that Allan Stuart. That's a new brand for me as I don't recall ever having seen one here at TFL or anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe