Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Crazy Minnesota weather has my bald pate in a Stetson Whippet (color-tawny). Our 30-40'F temps are abnormally warm.

Photo-on-2011-12-13-at-1249-3-S.jpg

Got to love the Whippet.

Best wishes, Eric -

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Today it’s the Resistol, San Antonio. Getting ready to leaving for the boathouse, as today is a scheduled maintenance day for some of the shells.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Playboy Air-Light
This has one of the lightest crowns I have experienced. I can't crease it "off head" because the air pressure just pops the crown out when I put it on, even with the vent.

DSCN0742.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Avenue (with "Wafer Edge" ;)). I think this is the richest color of gray I have ever seen on a vintage Stetson...

StetsonAve-1.jpg

No noggin shot but in honor of yesterday's waffle incident ;), I too wore my Stetson Belmont. Close cousin of yours, Jimmy, I'd say.

D.jpg

C.jpg

Last edited:

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, is that a teal color Douglas? Another great ensemble!

Thanks RBH and hatophile,the hat is a very dark hunter green,closer to the pic below. The jacket is a blue and dark ochre herringbone over a pale green field.
DSCN0739.jpg

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Got home this afternoon and we had rain. I had to get my new Campdraft out for a trail run.

Granted that it may not appear like much rain to some of you, but here any rain is welcomed.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks RBH and hatophile,the hat is a very dark hunter green,closer to the pic below. The jacket is a blue and dark ochre herringbone over a pale green field.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/dsr-hat/DSCN0739.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Fantastic ensemble. Please add a few photos of that hat in the Air Light thread. (linked in my sig)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
No noggin shot but in honor of yesterday's waffle incident ;), I too wore my Stetson Belmont. Close cousin of yours, Jimmy, I'd say.

Pass the syrup, Ale! :D

The Belmont is indeed a close cousin. CarouselVic also has a Belmont, and there is certainly a resemblance between the two. What really helps the proportions on the Avenue is the fact that the ribbon is 16-ligne -- in other words, just under 1.5", instead of the full 2" that is often found on this style of hat. I absolutely love that ribbon width!

Many thanks to all you gents for the very nice comments on the Avenue. :)

Cheers,
JtL

Last edited:

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Douglas -- that Playboy is a treasure. Beautiful color!

Alan -- a circa 1950 7X CB is about as good as it gets for a thin-ribbon. That one's a beauty.

SBG -- you're putting together a pretty nice collection of your own! The felt/ribbon color combo on that Whippet is really gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe