Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
My oldest daughter wearing my Resistol Silver Streak
311762_2428401984663_1089960016_2917453_2132714332_n.jpg

315779_2428403824709_1089960016_2917455_1824508180_n.jpg

Just a little too big. 7 5/8.

Jeff

Lets face it Jeff, we all know the ladies in our lives always look way better in our hats than we ever will.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alan: Thank you, my friend.

My oversight in neglecting to credit the artists. Images now captioned. These two captivating works were among several hundred on display in the Fine Arts Building at the State Fair. It never ceases to amaze us just how many talented artists there are out there...

As for the young lady on the bus, A.C. may very well be correct, but I would not be able to confirm. The title of the charcoal and pencil on paper work is 'Nobody Takes Buses Anymore', by Daniel Volenec of Eden Prairie, Minnesota, and it won several awards. The image of the barefoot rifle girl is a digital print, 'Untitled', by Rachael Susan Sablak of Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. Both were sadly NFS.

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
Bluegrass Band before a gig

HockingValleyBluegrassBoys008resized.jpg

Left to right ..Akubra Campdraft, Stetson 3x Open Road, Stetson 25 and Stetson Royal DeLuxe Open Road.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Looks like that hat's gettin' a little of what it was made to do! Great shots, and I've probably said it before, but I love the curl on that thing!

Our visiting French students prepared lunch today. Salad followed by croque-monsieur... mmmm.

lunch1.jpg

lunch2.jpg

lunch3.jpg

I've been wearing a Boina Elosegui

102911.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Open Road Gray this morning.

Brisk Fall morning with threat of rain. It is the time of year when I have lots of house screens, yard, deck, boathouse stuff to complete before the big snows. It takes all spring, summer and fall to get the stuff spread around in the yard and only a few days to get it gathered up. I am quickly doing chores this morning in my Stetson OR 50's hat in grey.

Photo-on-2011-10-30-at-1013-M.jpg

I have worn a few OR's this week. This was not overtly planned. My wife suggested this morning that the brim width is proportional to my being cold. As I will inevitably get used to the new norm in temps, I will have to start wearing some lighter, smaller brimed hats.: Jeepers, stingy brims here I come! :rolleyes: :D

Best, Eric -

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
Eric,

I love a 2" brim as much as the next guy but if the worst thing anyone says about you is "Man, that Short Balding Guy sure wears a lot of Open Roads"...

Well, for my part I think I could live with that! Everyone needs a (or two or ten) in that classic shape and trim.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
A good hat for Snowtober in New Hampshire.

Many trees down or lost limbs and most of the city seems to be without power, so I think it might be a while until things get back to normal.

smugshot5052737-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe