Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobStC

A-List Customer
VS today. I once more changed the Ribbon (and crease). I found this slightly less wide, silver gray that has more gray than the one I had before, check it out. Which one do you guys like better?
IMG_2191.jpg
Yep, looks better with the new ribbon - better combo with the felt colour, more classic. Earlier one is just a tad too silvery (IMHO!).....

RobStC

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
VS today. I once more changed the Ribbon (and crease). I found this slightly less wide, silver gray that has more gray than the one I had before, check it out. Which one do you guys like better?

Gotta say, I think I like the "before" version better. The "before" ribbon with a hint of lavender added to the mix might also be interesting.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
job, looks like a fantastic family outing, nothing says fall like a pumpkin patch and corn maze. Good looking family, good looking straw.

jedwbpm, nice looking Resistol. That hat is a little more than I'm use to wearing, but looks good on you. Nothing makes a hat look better than the person wearing it obviously enjoying it.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Great photos, job and Jeff.

Alan: You are much too kind, my friend. I think we each indulged in two of those monstrosities that day. Thank heavens the fair only comes around once a year.

Ale: Thanks! I really miss wearing my straws.

Eric: Many thanks, neighbor! Seems that nobody can resist that Big Fat Bacon. lol

Rusty: Thank you kindly, Chief!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
FedoraFan - nice shots. Great to have those to look back to your younger days.

Aureliano - I really like your Silverbelly VS with all the different ribbons. My personal preference would still be for the original, but this latest one comes pretty close.

Job - We don't get to see many examples of the Akubra Bogart; it's a nice hat.

For me, out with my doggies earlier on a blustery but bright New Hampshire morning, wearing a custom Tumwater hat:

twb-L.jpg

job

One Too Many
Thank you gentlemen, Most photos of this hat on the web give a false impression. Akubra picked a bad photo for this hat. It is one of my favorite blocked hat styles
DJH, I like the Tumwater. I did not know you had one with a thin-ish ribbon. More pics please.
Monbla, I may get a OZ Squatter down the road.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
DJH, I like the Tumwater. I did not know you had one with a thin-ish ribbon. More pics please.
Monbla, I may get a OZ Squatter down the road.

Thanks Job. I don't have any other photos of this hat - when Tony made it there were some aspects he wasn't happy with so he is in the process of making it again (talking with people like Tony and Art, it seems that this isn't that unusual). Rather than throw out what he made, Tony sent me the hat anyway so that I could get some use from it - shows what a good guy he is!

I'll post some pics of the finished hat after it arrives - it is going to be quite a bit different to this one.

I'm a potential Squatter buyer as well, someday. I've always liked the proportions and I think it would make a great outdoor hiking hat.

job

One Too Many
Dinerman, I love that color and style of hat. I also love the shoes. You like the older styles like me it seems. I love wing tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe