Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Well, here in NH we have had hot and humid weather the last couple of days. Back to the trusty Panama!

photo-117-L.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Marathon Yard work day!

I have been out working on the boathouse this fine 60' day here in MN., USA.

Photo-on-2011-09-05-at-1319-3-M.jpg

I have been sporting my JC Penny's Marathon (for the not so dusty/dirty work). It is a minty green Open Road styled hat. Totally "mint" condition. Time to shower, shave and get presentable for dinner guests. Grilled food on the deck, an evening boat ride and a special desert (homemade rasberry(from the yard) pies with homemade vanilla/mint gelato) that I have planned to suprise my wife and guests. What hat should I wear outside this evening?

For prying eyes - the inside:

IMG7865-M.jpg

Hat showing taper and crease:

IMG7864-M.jpg

(Hat sitting on maple/walnut basket made by local native american artist.)

Best wishes on the US Labor Day Holiday, Eric -

Last edited:

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
It has been a three hat Labor Day (and the day is young). Started off by heading to breakfast in the Stetson Nostalgia; came home and switched to the Akubra Federation IV to work on its shape a bit; and then did some dirty barn raising in my Stetson Ashland (blobish thing in the backrow). What a sickly looking one that is now compared to the newer arrivals.

3HatDay.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I like the green ribbon, nice hat.
Thanks Bond, this hat has been a good friend this summer.

SBG - I wouldn't say that this Marathon is my favorite of your hats, but you wear it very well. My prying eyes also detect that the inside and the felt both look to be in pretty much unworn condition - as you say; "Minty".

Aureliano - that Featherweight Borsalino has great style.

BJ, I never imagined that the Nostalgia and the Fed IV were so much alike. Looks as though you are getting the Fed shaped how you like it. I remember it took me weeks to get my Campdraft looking how I wanted it.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Today it was nice but really windy... I sported my VS milan Barnstormer to 'play' with my wifes cousins little boy at the park.

Why put "play" in quotation marks? It does look like you guys are having "fun" together.

Nice hat ... :yo:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Playing going on here today as well.

With my grandson, enjoying the old New Hampshire pastime (well, we invented it the other day) of throwing pickles in the river. Strangely, the little guy doesn't look too impressed, even though my pickle is well on the way to reaching the far bank.

IMG2296-M.jpg

Take that, Pickle!!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
With my grandson, enjoying the old New Hampshire pastime (well, we invented it the other day) of throwing pickles in the river. Strangely, the little guy doesn't look too impressed, even though my pickle is well on the way to reaching the far bank.

Yes indeed! The Great American Pickle Toss ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe