Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alanfgag, all that back and forth yesterday inspired me to do the same this morning.

Very nice, z!

5790091823_2615ff90df_z.jpg

Wonderful old Optimo, Robert! Is that ribbon original to the hat, or one of Graham's new ribbons? I really like the thinner ribbons he is using on some of the finer Montecristis.

Panama here too....

Great looking Optimo! Vintage or new?

I am out and about with my Stetson Royal Flagship.

What a magnificent hat, Eric! :thumb: Definitely needed the wind trolley today.

I chose a Schoble Mainliner that came my way from a FL friend.

Gorgeous, Alan! Wonderful color.

Brando11

A-List Customer
I was thinking it'd be fun to meet up with a few of you out-of-towners when you're in Chicago, but you guys are dangerous.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful old Optimo, Robert! Is that ribbon original to the hat, or one of Graham's new ribbons? I really like the thinner ribbons he is using on some of the finer Montecristis.
Thanks Al, it appears to be the original ribbon. A hat that looks the same was worn by Walter Brennan in the 1938 movie Kentucky.

T Rick

Practically Family
Web cam pic, waiting for my brakes to get done (no time to do them myself as I had less than 24 hour notice of a job start out of town tonight). It's the Stetson I fished off the 'Bay about a Month ago (waiting for me when I returned from Florida).

The brakes unfortunately cost 1.5 to 2 x the cost of a Custom pure beaver hat... but on the plus side, I'll be employed again, the car will be good to travel... and, I'm wearing a great hat!

110603-102056.jpg

Web cam pic, waiting for my brakes to get done (no time to do them myself as I had less than 24 hour notice of a job start out of town tonight). It's the Stetson I fished off the 'Bay about a Month ago (waiting for me when I returned from Florida).

The brakes unfortunately cost 1.5 to 2 x the cost of a Custom pure beaver hat... but on the plus side, I'll be employed again, the car will be good to travel... and, I'm wearing a great hat!

Lookin" good, T Rick!
Now if we could just find a way to have the brakes installed on this hat thing... would be much less expensive in the long run.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
My Summer Champ "Beater" Milan

So I picked this up from the bay for .99 cents + Shipping. When I got the hat, the brim was completely misshapen, the crown had dents, and the thing was really dusty. However, the straw was in excellent shape and the sweatband was like brand new. Im not a fan of the low tapered telescope look, so I used my FF3 Stetson block and reblocked the hat. I then gave it high front pinches because the pug is so damn wide. Its very cool and comfortable to wear, but Im still looking for that vintage panama.

Before:
S3012184.jpg

After:
5793464121_5e76672bf7_b.jpg

5794050126_8e89283fe1_b.jpg

5794055734_20408943b5_b.jpg

5793482141_fa55a9d7b7_b.jpg

The auction link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=290565291228&si=aEFVm%252FdenFDCuzE%252FO2glM%252BnRvDk%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Stylin', Josh, although the first bash was more Sinatra-ish, the front pinch is cool too.

Thanks, hatophile! I thought about leaving the Sinatra crease, but it didn't have that Optimo Line going down the crown, so I figured it wasn't close enough to Sinatras hat to leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82