Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great ad with price notes... Interesting to see the Ragondin at the top of the list. How is felt on this one? My Barbisio (formerly Dinerman's) homburg is my only nutria. I don't find the felt extraordinary.

Sorry, but it's back to my wrinkled face today... wearing my new wide brimmed Dobbs Gay Prince sunshade.

gayprince051111.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
RLK, that is quite a rare one! Where did you dig it out?
A large lot of French hats from Marseilles last year, most in poor condition.

Great ad with price notes... Interesting to see the Ragondin at the top of the list. How is felt on this one? My Barbisio (formerly Dinerman's) homburg is my only nutria. I don't find the felt extraordinary.
Hat is a little tired, but very soft for Nutria-could mistake it for Beaver almost. Nice finish with more texture than American style but not a Velour or Satin. A little cleaner and fresher and it would shape very smoothly--some wear at front pinch has thinned it slightly.

Last edited:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I wish we would have a proper rain. We really need it. It rained lightly and very briefly this morning. Now the sun is out and everything is baked again. We are having a serious drought down here.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alan: I really like that GP on you. I still think the GPs have a singular and distinctive presence and inimitable elan, despite Dan's aversion to them! ;) Nice new avatar, too, I was wondering how Lily feels with 6 year-old Sophie being in the limelight for so long.

z: Beautiful Strat. Not enough moisture down where you are, and we have too much rain up here in MN. My farmer friends have not been able to get all of their corn planted yet due to the soggy, rain-drenched fields. Last year at this time they already had all of their corn in.

Last edited:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Thanks hatophile and delectans for offering to send rain (and for the nod on the Stetson). It can be pretty brutal down here in the summer (basically six or eight months of the year). No gloves or coats needed ...

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Is the underside of the brim lighter in color than the topside? That would be most unusual, mayserwegener.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I think I see a little bling in the middle of that bow, David. Is it a VS?

Yes, indeed Bowlerman. This is my Silver Belly VS in Art's Sportaire style. I love to wear this hat.

Looking good, David, although The Donald looks none too pleased with you.

Delectans, I think Donald was getting quite jealous there for a moment. I think this was the biggest lunch session ever for our local Chamber of Commerce - complete media circus with Mr. Trump being in attendance.

David, Fun photo! Have a good time at the event!

Thanks MW - I had a great time at the event. Whatever one might think of Mr. Trump and his "will he - won't he" presidential bid, he is a very entertaining speaker.

Alan, Your Dobbs GP photo is Dreispitz Derbynator like! Super!

Zewtel, Amazing old Strat!

Robert, Great color and finish on the Chapeaux Tirard Ragondia(Nutria)!

Dinerman, Cool photo and hat. Real life comic strip!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe