Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pw011-5.jpg

Peachy Borsalino today.

Here I am in my 50's Open Road outside the Red Agave resort in Oak Creek, Az. This view is literally from the front door of our room. Did some mountain biking thru this area the day prior with a few friends. This place is literally breathtaking. If you've never been to Sedona, you should take the time to visit.

Nice-looking OR, and scenery. Love the red rocks.

DRB

One Too Many
AL: You always look good in those hats. I can't imagine you without one. Do you wear it while playing in the orchestra?

Alan: Your daughter is very pretty. Hope she does well in school. Also, I have noticed lately that you have an affinity for b/W photographing. I think that the b/w seems to smooth things(pixels) out. Nice look.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
AL: You always look good in those hats. I can't imagine you without one. Do you wear it while playing in the orchestra?

Thanks, Dennis, I appreciate it. I wear a hat nearly all the time, but not when I am playing the violin. I wear a different type of hat when I am at work. ;)

Last edited:

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
I was wearing my panama boater,but it's gotten cold again. So, yesterday I had to dig out my Stetson Saugus wool fedora.

Alan: Your daughter is very pretty. Hope she does well in school. Also, I have noticed lately that you have an affinity for b/W photographing. I think that the b/w seems to smooth things(pixels) out. Nice look.

Hi Dennis, Thanks for the note. Sophie has the good fortune of looking just like her mom. On the photos, I often convert my images to monochrome - usually with a bit of a sepia tint. It actually tends to accentuate digital noise if the ISO setting is high. But often the colors in quickly taken shots are random and distracting (ie, kids with Sponge Bob T-shirts)... this is subdued in a conversion to B&W. I'm also an old fashioned guy in many ways. I guess many loungers are.

cheers,
Alan

scooter

Practically Family
We have that in common, FMW! Hey thanks to all for the nice comments on my OR and choice of scenery. If only I was as striking as that background, eh!

Hey Alan, your daughter is a striking young woman, and you obviously enjoy a great relationship with her. I have 2 girls myself, and I believe I could have lined up every kid in the world, taken my pick of them, and I couldn't have done any better!

Last edited:
Well said, Scooter. :cheers1:

I wore a Borsalino velour out of the house today... temperatures still flirting with the freezing mark. But first I put on a linen jacket and test drove my new/old (but how old?) Montecristi from Hand the Hatter. More pictures of it in the Panama Canal.

hand_the_hatter2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe