Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Stratoliner today - thanks Ed :)
9a1166b8.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I love this more every time I see it.

Careful now, alanfgag! I have it on good authority that there are subliminal messages deeply coded in that delightful and brightly flashing image. ;)

You need more hats. You want more hats. You must have more hats.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think I'm gonna start dedicating one pic to each hat, the way Monbla does. So here's the pic for the burgundy Buckaroo. Excuse the odd smirk, I never really learned how to do a proper smile:

WesternCrease3-1.jpg

Last edited:

Torpedo

One Too Many
Douglas, stunning combo. I agree it has a Union army vibe about it!
Jaunty, those midnite blue VSs are something, aren't they?
Rodkins, is that a silverbelly? BTW, it nicely complements your outfit.

Thank for all the kind comments on my latest entry. It being a stingy, I even value them better ;)! I have, or have had, just a few stingies; the stingier ones I have passed along or are currently "inactive", because I really do not wear them. But those "on the fringe", that is, those with some brim and some bulk in the crown, I find go well with certain outfits. That one is a Roper's - One Hundred Per Cent Pure Beaver Felt. No more information. The mentioned inscriptions are on the sweatband, and the liner shows a cowboy on a bucking horse over Roper's. I will try to take some pics.

Last edited:

Torpedo

One Too Many
I intended to keep this one for next "Straturday", but Rodkins's latest contribution prompted me into action... so here you are, my green Stratoliner. It is kind of a sage green.

DSC01320b.jpg

DSC01329b.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Careful now, alanfgag! I have it on good authority that there are subliminal messages deeply coded in that delightful and brightly flashing image. ;)

You need more hats. You want more hats. You must have more hats.

That's so funny!:) :) :)

danofarlington

Very nice green Strat, Torpedo. Looks good with the vest.

I'm more and more convinced that vests go well with hats, just like boots do. I hope to buy a few of both when if and when resources allow. I was cheered to see vests sold as separate items at Brooks Brothers the other day, so perhaps the facionistas agree with that viewpoint.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I think I'm gonna start dedicating one pic to each hat, the way Monbla does. So here's the pic for the burgundy Buckaroo. Excuse the odd smirk, I never really learned how to do a proper smile:

WesternCrease3-1.jpg

As far as the "smirk" it's just a generational thing, ya think :) And the main reason I have just one shot of each hat is 'cause that's all I got when I had a digital camera available :) 'twas the "mother of invention " sort of thing :) BTW, DON"T CHANGE A THING on THAT hat! You have NAILED IT :)

Onward thru the Fog :)

scooter

Practically Family
Hey Rodkins, that Strat is an awesome looking hat. I really like the dip in the brim. Just did some work on my OR to achieve that same effect.

Douglas, I look at that pic of you in the cape with the whiskers, and I can see you marching on Atlanta with Sherman. It was Sherman, wasn't it?

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I'm more and more convinced that vests go well with hats, just like boots do. I hope to buy a few of both when if and when resources allow. I was cheered to see vests sold as separate items at Brooks Brothers the other day, so perhaps the facionistas agree with that viewpoint.

If you like vests, get over to the Salvation Army Store or other second hand/thrift stores in your town. You'll find 100's at FAR LESS than you'll pay at BB :)

danofarlington

If you like vests, get over to the Salvation Army Store or other second hand/thrift stores in your town. You'll find 100's at FAR LESS than you'll pay at BB :)

Is that right? I would not have thought they would be found there. I'll check it out sometime. I would only need one or two of the right ones. I wonder who would be donating those, as I thought they were out of style since the 60s or 70s, although I don't really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe