Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
for Mozart's 255th Birthday(hat somewhat younger)
5393611354_b8e27c6b47.jpg

a good choice... that sweatband has a patina that resembles a fine vintage violin. well played!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
You know, I have no idea the make of the hat. It was something that I bought at a local western store, it fit, it looked cool to me and it wore like iron. Heck it even had the fake croc teeth on it. Whether it was an Akubra or not I'm not sure, but they did sell Akubra's there during the Snowy River craze through the 80's. I can't even recall what ever happened to that hat. Most likely I grew out of it and donated it down the road. Hopefully someone else got some good use out of it.

Cheers!

Dan

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
OK -- I see what you're up to Joshbru3. Somehow, you have found out that there is an unwritten rule that the winner of the Golden Fedora Award has to buy all FedoraFesters a round of drinks immediately following the award ceremony. Well -- it ain't gonna work!

Then again, it might...:D

:cheers1:

LOL. I will drink to that! :cheers1:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

I love that sweatband. Alan was right, the patina does look like an old violin. Old turn of the century through the 20's Stetsons kind of have that same kind of patina. I dont know what kind of leather, or sealant they used back then, but I wish modern day sweatbands could look like that. It almost looks like one of those really comfy vintage 100 year old leather chairs. For some reason when I see that sweatband, I just want to have a glass of Scotch...

The Good

Call Me a Cab
No pics, but I'm bringing my Federation IV to the mountains with me. I'll be out of contact for a few days, most likely. Anyway, I might try to get a picture or two taken.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Buckaroo hatters full beaver.
llkl.jpg

Looking good, John. Leave it alone and pick up an OR here at HATCO in March.

You are getting versatile with those creases, Neo!

Stingy day...

DSC01307.jpg

Sharp as usual, Torpedo!

Nice hat; great boots!

for Mozart's 255th Birthday(hat somewhat younger)

5393586014_585e36a365_z.jpg
5393611354_b8e27c6b47.jpg

Nice, Robert.

Today I was inspired to wear my Resistol Elko conversion.
100_6984.jpg

Dan

Thats a different look for you, Dan. I like it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe