Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Got pissed off trying to put a cattleman's crease in my fawn Campdraft (same one as yesterday), so I tried a Gus crease. I like how "used" this hat is starting to look. Sorry for the pic quality. Overcast skies are not friendly towards the iPhone camera lol.

Break my trail and call me Duvall:

CampdraftGus1.jpg
CampdraftGus2.jpg

Your true Western bent is screaming through in your hat creasing :) Though I'm not a big fan of the Gus crease you pulled it off ! When I was at Peters Bros. picking up my Stetson the other day, Joe had left the hat in an open crown till I got there when he worked the crease in it. He was working on a BEAUTIFUL Shady Oaks Amon Carter style LBJ wich is a Cattleman crease and I watched him do it while I was there. He worked the center dent in first using LOTS of steam, set it down and started on mine and did the same thing and set mine down and went back to the Shady Oaks and started on the side pinches and I noticed that he started from the CENTER of ea and went front to back on each. Then he went back to my hat and worked the front pinches in, In all, he spent a little OVER an hour for both hats. It was like watching a fine instrument maker do intricate work . SLOW & MEASURED and nothing was rushed. I learned alot for sure!! Keep at it, you'll get it down !!!:)

DRB

One Too Many
Buler: Yes, indeed, nice look, nice hat.

And Michael, that Borso gives a comfortable, classy look to you.

Last edited:
Got pissed off trying to put a cattleman's crease in my fawn Campdraft (same one as yesterday), so I tried a Gus crease. I like how "used" this hat is starting to look. Sorry for the pic quality. Overcast skies are not friendly towards the iPhone camera lol.

Break my trail and call me Duvall:

CampdraftGus1.jpg
CampdraftGus2.jpg

That is SO close to the one I saw on the Old Timer in OKC a few weeks ago. You just got more brim to work with than he did.
Alexander, that crease goes better with your brim work than the teardrop! Nice work!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alexander, that crease goes better with your brim work than the teardrop! Nice work!

Thanks! Even so, I wish I had a little more brim to work with. It's amazing how tiny that curl makes the brim look now...the hat kinda looks silly right now, except at an angle apparently lol.

bolthead said:
Super Entries Today, Everyone.

Finally, we get to see the infamous "Buler" under one of his incredible finds.
I was about to remark on the exact same thing. Despite his impressive collection of hats, I hadn't yet seen the man behind it all until today!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe