Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I agree Rodkins. I had forgotten that you had a Nostalgia. It looks great!
As for you, Hatophile, that Canadian OR looks awesome :). An OR that feels like a Strat...the perfect hat?

Thanks guys. I chuckled when I saw the comment about "full crown" - my brother described it as "bulbous" the other day. I'm still getting used to the fuller crown look.

Representing the Campdraft Confederacy....

In the thin ribbon configuration John B. intended it to be & Akubra stayed true to, in Glen Grey...
cdconfed2.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Nice hat, Jaunty, but I really like the tie, very festive.
The nostalgia looks good on you, Rodkins, very full crown. I like it.

pw005-2.jpg

Today is a Stetson Open Road, Canadian made. Dinerman would appreciate that it is from a store in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. Feels and looks almost like a Stratoliner. Not the usual stiff brim of many OR's.

Must be another cool day out. Great hat & sweater combo again. What cardigan is that one, if you don't mine me asking?

Cheers!

Dan

Hi Dan,

Yeah, it's about 20 degrees here again. Actually that sweater is about 15 years old, from Eddie Bauer. It's getting kind of pilly and well-worn, but I like it, so I keep wearing it. Plus it's nice and warm because it's wool. It's a pull-over with a shawl collar. Thanks.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Well thank you for that info. EB has a shawl cardigan that I have been coveting, so I might be getting it for Christmas.
Again, a great hat and sweater combo. The green & grey suit you well with that little flash of red. Quite warm & festive looking. :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Got pissed off trying to put a cattleman's crease in my fawn Campdraft (same one as yesterday), so I tried a Gus crease. I like how "used" this hat is starting to look. Sorry for the pic quality. Overcast skies are not friendly towards the iPhone camera lol.

Break my trail and call me Duvall:

CampdraftGus1.jpg
CampdraftGus2.jpg

Got pissed off trying to put a cattleman's crease in my fawn Campdraft (same one as yesterday), so I tried a Gus crease. I like how "used" this hat is starting to look. Sorry for the pic quality. Overcast skies are not friendly towards the iPhone camera lol.

CampdraftGus1.jpg
CampdraftGus2.jpg

Now I REALLY like that, Neo, that is how that hat should be!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I always wondered what a Campdraft or Open Road would look like gone fully western.
It is a great look.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have found that some hats I wasn't happy with, I can make more appealing by changing the crease or the brim. Doesn't stop me from buying new ones, though.

Well, that's partly why I did this. Since I didn't really like the Tawny Fawn color to begin with, this particular hat has filled the "eh, what the hell" hat niche lol.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many

CampdraftGus1.jpg
CampdraftGus2.jpg

Since you had written this hat off I would use it as a test kitchen and try out all sorts of bashes and brims and methods of forming. Have fun and play.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe