Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Calfas Beaver Twenty.

Calfas_bvr20_3_crp.jpg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
jbucklin said:

Looks terrific! That looks like the same one as mine, pearl grey with a pug and a Dobbs pin. Cloth sweatband, right? I know Dobbs makes an upper line model with a leather sweatband and ribbon, but I can't imagine it being as comfortable in the summer heat.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
Thanks Jimmy.
This morning I am wearing my Miller milan, I had Mike cut the brim down yesterday to 2 1\2 ...

2 3/4 > 2 5/8 > 2 1/2 > ... ???

Stingyitis is one of those slow moving afflictions. It just kind of creeps on on a person without them noticing.

Looks good! The Major did a nice job.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
FedoraCar.jpg

Akubra Sydney, my "errand" hat. The hat is REALLY, REALLY soft and light, and makes for a very comfortable felt hat, even in the ~90 degree heat of Eastern Tennessee!

Soon to be retired as soon as I can get myself a straw hat.

jbucklin

Practically Family
You are correct Mr. E.---cloth sweatband, which is, as you have stated, way more comfortable than leather in the blistering summer heat. I love how this hat is gently hugging my noggin. Feels great! :D

jbucklin

Practically Family
Neo, did that Sydney just come in? I want one of those---baaaaad! Hey man, it looks good on you---squarish face and all! ;) More pics please? [huh]

jbucklin

Practically Family
Hmm. I never like how I look in any hat from the front. It seems I've read from others here who share the same sentiment. My photos are almost always at an angle because of this. You've got a nice selection of hats, and all of them look good on you. Don't worry about all that squarish face, proportional stuff so much. You got style my friend! :)

Neophyte

I think you'd like it. I'm liking it more and more now that I finally got a shallow center dent/teardrop bash to stick in the supple little b*st*rd. The carbon grey is really a beautiful color, and dark enough to go with a lot of my earth tones. It's a reall soft hat, and very comfortable, even if it somewhat presses against my forehead. After I get a Squatter in fawn, I'm thinking of getting a Fedora in Burnt Oak, which looks like a beautiful dark brown with reddish hues. If you get it, I can't see you regretting it.

P.S.
You'll hate it at first, because it's really hard to shape it. Once you get it in a good shape and soak the hell out of it, though, it'll stick. After that, you'll wear it a lot. It also enjoys the benefit of being a much more casual hat than my Squatter or Federation.

Neophyte

:eusa_clap

Would ya have a look at that'n. You wear it well.

That might be one of the cleanest/sharp looking hats I've seen. How wide is the brim on that?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Neophyte said:
:eusa_clap

Would ya have a look at that'n. You wear it well.

That might be one of the cleanest/sharp looking hats I've seen. How wide is the brim on that?
Thank you. The brim is just shy of 2-5/8". The crown is moderate in height.

Neophyte

rlk said:
Thank you. The brim is just shy of 2-5/8". The crown is moderate in height.

Thank you very much. It just seemed near to the brim width of my Akubra Squatter. At 2 7/8" on the sides, I guess it is similar.

Forgive my ramblings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe