Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
borrring outfit today...no pic

The outfit matches the day- I guess. Well, after a shower, getting dressed and helping with getting kids off to school I washed and hung out to dry some repro vintage lingerie- yawn. After that, it was necessary to go over to church to help dig out/locate costumes and possibly find some props for our church's upcoming multi-night Easter productions. I am the official volunteer "gatekeeper" of the costume room there, working for the Music, Worship and Creative Arts Pastor.

Let's see, after church appt met my sister for a quick impromptu lunch, then I got my hair permed. After that I went to Kohl's and Walmart to hunt look for... ahem... a vintage style brassierre that I heard about on a FL Powder Room thread! WOW- such an rip roaring day so far, huh? When I got home from shopping, dd had two school friends over who came with her here after school let out. They were having such a good time visiting together that around 5ish, I invited them to stay and have pizza dinner with us and watch an old movie. DH Chuck had a play to attend for a Tech Lighting class at the local JC this evening.

It was just kinda nice hanging at home this evening with the two 9th grade girls, one 9th grade boy, and a seventh grade boy- all of us sitting around watching "You Were Never Lovelier" with Fred Astaire and Rita Hayworth... The kids like the numbers "I'm Old Fashioned" and "Shorty George".

Since I figured I'd possibly get dirty digging around at church looking for props, I had on working-house-dog clothes; torn old jeans, a gap t-shirt, sport socks, junky P.E. sneaks and a pair of beat up, worn work gloves! Not a particularly interesting outfit I must say. HA! Some days are just like that round here.

Thus, I have no picture of myself glammed up or vintage-d up to share! Just little ol' me being church volunteer, and ordinary mom:) Life is good.

I don't dress up ALL the time, it just seems that way! Though I do think "fancy dress" is my best look.

volatile

A-List Customer
2624_150857150723_729380723_6393585_1968604_n.jpg

2624_150857140723_729380723_6393583_5754771_n.jpg

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
DSCN1037-1.jpg

This is my 1950s garb, I rarely dress 50s style but today was nice and sunny. (3/27). Wearing a 1950s Vintage Navy Dress set. Modern 2 tone patent vinyl shoes. Vintage patent purse and a Late 1940s wide brim straw hat. Accessory pearl rhinestone vintage bracelet.

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
deco darling, you just look absolutely brilliant:)

volatile, you lads look like much fun! Nice shades and tattoos:) Oh yeah and Newcastle Brown Ale is brilliant;)

Cheers from the north!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
at least the purse is vintage...

This is a typical modern look for me in pants, and the outfit o' the day. I didn't add any accessories for a change or even a jacket except for a deco inspired new Coach watch, and my anniversary gift favorite pearl and ruby jacket earrings.This was cuz' I was going window shopping at Nordy's to try on the new Spring fashions from Ralph Lauren just for fun and didn't want to take off all the accessories again and again.

The little vintage purse is authentic crocodile made in Mexico. I found it at the Vintage Fashion expo last weekend.

Even though the sweater is new from RL last year, it is a basic classic style short cotton one that makes me think 1940's sweater girl. Hey, that's my story and I'm stickin' with it! Its almost too warm here now to keep wearing wool trousers, these are true at the natural waist ones bought in 2003 at Nordstrom. These RL classic trousers have served me well for all these years, and are so great, that I have them in three colors. I bought these originally as a size 12 but had them recut to a size 8 when I lost weight a number of years back. When one pair finally wears out, I'm gonna have them cut apart at the seams and have a pattern made from them. The blue fax croc belt is new RL. The red basic Nordstrom pumps are probably 20+ years old, I've got these in three colors too. Every few years I just send them off to the shoe repair to have them repaired, repolished and made like new again. New vintage style Playtex brassierre and new Rago Shapette high waist girdle as foundation pieces.

359735225.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Black double-breasted peak lapel two-piece with no vents and pleated trousers, pink dress shirt and pocket square, black tie with fuchsia flower pattern, black satin braces, black sleeve garters, crystal tie pin, and vintage black Stetson Premier homburg. In relative terms the suit is brand new; I found a 1996 5-pence coin in the outer breast pocket.

DSC05016-CROP.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
KILLER style as usual SP,

Yowsza! Its always a pleasure to discover what you are wearing for the day... I really appreciate seeing a sharp dressed man...:)

Slim Portly said:
Black double-breasted peak lapel two-piece with no vents and pleated trousers, pink dress shirt and pocket square, black tie with fuchsia flower pattern, black satin braces, black sleeve garters, crystal tie pin, and vintage black Stetson Premier homburg. In relative terms the suit is brand new; I found a 1996 5-pence coin in the outer breast pocket.

DSC05016-CROP.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
You are a paragon of correctness!!

Slim Portly said:

DSC05016-CROP.jpg

Macheath

One of the Regulars
maggiethespy said:
This is actually from last Saturday, when I went with a group of friends to the Spring Swing Burlesque Review in Dallas, Texas.

jump-1.jpg

That look is worthy of jitterbugging into the wee hours of the morning with.

And those black and white saddles prove that you mean business ;)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I had to post a pic of this dress i wore to a wedding yesterday, because I made it myself.. I feel so proud :) unfortunatly I didn't get a pic of it full lenght. A very light peach colored fabric, small black buttons down the front and a black sash around the waist (not visible). Hair slightly deflated on pic LOL (I had been viciously dj'ing for about 3 hours at that point..)

DSCN0285.jpg

the shoes (old pic).

DSCN0348.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld