Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
ClaraB said:
...a dress! This is one of my favorites.
IMG_3142-1.jpg
IMG_3147.jpg
You are absolutely stunning! The dress is gorgeous too :)

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
kools said:
I took today's photo before I knew we were exploiting our childeren to make us look better ;) My avatar is my 1st son as a baby; here he is with me, age 9. I just can't get myself to replace this avatar.

Milwaukee today
48 degrees F; rain

Sport coat dated Jan. 15, 1951
Early '50s trousers
'40s tie
AE Lexington-burgundy

P1020608.jpg

Why is it that whenever I visit this thread I get a little pang of jealousy at all these stylish chaps? No such well dressed men around here. Don't get me wrong, they are here, but think that so long as your not naked you're dressed!:eusa_doh:
Top notch outfit!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
swiss overcoat
Dunley porkpie
sweater
black, cuffed jeans
bean boots

IMG_2575.jpg

photo taken on the Dartmouth ferry, in the snow and wind.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Wide leg green tweed trousers
Brown jacket
Vintage tweed 5 pocket waistcoat
Silk bow (with a pattern that looks like the red rose of Lancaster, but has an extra petal)
Old Banner collar

DSC09252.jpg

DSC09255.jpg

This is the only picture I've got right now that really shows the tweed of the waistcoat. It had been let out an inch on either side, and I took photos of the process when I returned it to its original state.

DSC09222.jpg

Interior waistcoat pocket

DSC09218.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
Nick D said:
Wide leg green tweed trousers
Brown jacket
Vintage tweed 5 pocket waistcoat
Silk bow (with a pattern that looks like the red rose of Lancaster, but has an extra petal)
Old Banner collar

DSC09252.jpg

DSC09255.jpg

This is the only picture I've got right now that really shows the tweed of the waistcoat. It had been let out an inch on either side, and I took photos of the process when I returned it to its original state.

DSC09222.jpg

Interior waistcoat pocket

DSC09218.jpg

I'm coveting your waistcoat. Wonderful!!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
when one sees all of these pics on FL...

The answer becomes crystal clear to the question.

When there is such gorgeous vintage clothes and gear out there - Why would any man want to wear modern clothes?

The mens' clothes and accoutrements I see all of you wearing here on FL, sigh... just incredible...

For a gal that has loved the styles as seen in old movies (and some newer films like Tucker and Seabiscuit, etc.) for so long, the FL is such a treat. Thank you to every one (especially all of you stylish guys) of you here.

Gosh, wish I'd discovered FL sooner. But I know I wouldn't have been wanting to embrace it back then, cuz' I wasn't ready for it all until now. Time and maturity does have its good points.

Ah, the time is ripe now, and its all good... and how sweet it is.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
not worn TODAY... but in the pink just the same

This dress was worn by moi to the recent California Pops Orchestra concert on 2/20/09, the Silver Screen Spectacular concert. The soloist that day was none other than Frederick Hodges. The venue for all the Pops concerts on Sundays this season is our church's worship theater. I was instrumental (pardon the pun) in the Pops taking on this venue this season. Yeah, I have my own Orchestra! I am the liaison between our church's Music Pastor and the Pops Conductor. I am also the Pops biggest cheerleader. I have the BEST volunteer job there is working for this Orchestra.

This dress may not be vintage, but okay perhaps it is vintage inspired. This is not the best photo for various reasons, but hey- its what I've got! I wanted this pic taken as I was 1) about two weeks from turning 50, and 2) I had over 4-1/2 months due to much hard work lost 20+ lbs. I had not been able to fit into this dress for literally years. And before I discovered vintage style girdles existed! This photo session, when and how it was done was for very specific reasons (primarily to get a decent full length and head shot that resulted).

I love to overdress for no particular reason...

As DH Chuck and I are social ballroom dancers, I have a small but nice collection of evening gowns. All are perfect for my volunteering with the Pops!

I also wore this gown last fall to sing ala' Ella Fitzgerald's cover of "Night and Day" for all the dancers at the place we go ballroom dancing in Palo Alto. Hence my moniker chanteuseCarey.
359377312.jpg

Lau Mo

Familiar Face
This...

hair015.jpg

Vintage inspired, not vintage.

This outfit goes to show you that you can find vintage-ey pieces in the most random of places!

Cardigan- Target
Skirt-Gap
Tights- Target
Shoes-Target
(Do you see a trend?...I'm just a BIT of a Target junkie...but they always have vintage-ish stuff for cheap!)

I wish I could have worn heels, but I was going to be running around campus all day, so flats it was.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Lau Mo, looking good girl...

I gotta go to Target! I have found vintage inspired pieces in the Ralph Lauren Chaps line carried at our local Kohl's store. I've gotten RLC linen and wool trumpet skirts, and a few wool jackets there. Even found a $125.00 Ralph Lauren wool skirt (was even the right length for 30's and 40's), on sale for $19.99 at Marshalls.

Lau Mo said:
This...

hair015.jpg

Vintage inspired, not vintage.

This outfit goes to show you that you can find vintage-ey pieces in the most random of places!

Cardigan- Target
Skirt-Gap
Tights- Target
Shoes-Target
(Do you see a trend?...I'm just a BIT of a Target junkie...but they always have vintage-ish stuff for cheap!)

I wish I could have worn heels, but I was going to be running around campus all day, so flats it was.

Lau Mo

Familiar Face
chanteuseCarey said:
I gotta go to Target! I have found vintage inspired pieces in the Ralph Lauren Chaps line carried at our local Kohl's store.

I love the Chaps at Kohl's line! They do carry some very nice things...I've had my eye on a blazer from that collection for a while.

Diamondback, Thanks for the compliment :) I'm afraid I don't have a crowbar handy though lol ;)

It worked out anyway, young lady--one of the librarians here was kind enough to lend me a tire-iron out of her trunk. They're probably gonna start charging me for replacement desk-tops if this keeps happening, though...:eek: lol

Guess that's what I get for Lounging when I should have my nose to the grindstone pouring over old WWII NAVAIR reports, huh?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
the hat inspired me

I've got three versions of the same outfit, as I changed it slightly as the day went on. Clothes are mostly vintage inspired

Worn shopping to Nordtrom:
vintage 1930's hat from the UK
Ralph Lauren Chaps suit jacket
dusty pink Gap t-shirt
RL wool trousers
vintage Hanes stockings
Ballroom shoes
1940's crocodile purse
vintage black gloves with pearl detail

later in day, didn't like the color of the pants with jacket:
changed pants for matching RL Chaps suit skirt

evening, choir practice: