Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Warbaby

One Too Many
My current favorite Harris Tweed jacket with a vintage argyle sweater, brown wool trous and a silk ascot:

R_TweedArgyle1cr.jpg

Must be a dozen or more colors in that tweed - it goes with almost everything.

R_TweedArgyle1bCR.jpg

All items were thrift shop finds - total cost under ten bucks.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Nice outfit Warbaby:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Really like your style.
Great jacket.
And chanteuseCarrey you just look the part
- again and again.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
kools, a tour of your wardrobe and house !! Love it :)

chanteuseCarey, love the way you changed around the 3 outfits

Warbaby, very dashing

Last night for the tiki bar, 1950's asian blouse and lace hostess pants. I also had on shoes with carved tiki heels.

100_2200-1.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey, I love the hot pink sequined dress, the fact that you like to overdress :D , and that you're a ballroom dancer! :eusa_clap

359377312.jpg

100_2200-1.jpg

Oh G.G., I die, I die, I die! You take my breath away. The pants look fab; I'd like to see a close-up of the lace...

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
goldwyn girl said:
kools, a tour of your wardrobe and house !! Love it :)

Last night for the tiki bar, 1950's asian blouse and lace hostess pants. I also had on shoes with carved tiki heels.

100_2200-1.jpg

LOVE THOSE PANTS!!!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
40's gal today...

I wore this today to Ladies' Bible study at church,
then errands at the dry cleaners,
Whole Foods grocery and Safeway.
I pulled up the sides of my hair and anchored with combs, its a start!

vintage:
navy/wht rayon 40's dress
black taffeta slip
mink chubby coat
navy corde' purse
embroidered gloves
rabbit fur hat

new:
stockings
girdle
shoes
pearl accessories

359518266.jpg
359518270.jpg

the picture shows detail of bodice cutwork and print design
359518268.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
looking very sharp Dinerman...

Just wonderin' how many years have you been wearing vintage stuff? You ARE a young pup, like mid twenties, right? My DH's vintage guru Roberto (also known as the Style Enforcer), his wife Miz Jula (my vintage guru/guide) said that he has been wearing vintage since he was 16.

Dinerman said:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Gorgeous, thanks SP

I really appreciate the closeup of the accessories and the info on them . The particulars of the suit and the hat, please? Wow, you are one sharp dressed man! Do you get to dress like this everyday in your professional life? Just wondering...

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
thanks Spiffy...

Now I'll have to look up the movie to watch for it! I lucked into this chubby. My vintage guru Miz Jula told me that a friend of hers had a fur she'd had for a while and was ready to sell so someone else could have it to enjoy. She brought it along with her to the Yosemite Art Deco event to show me. The price she offered it to me was very reasonable I thought- too much fun...

Spiffy said:
What a lovely mink!
Totally Joan Crawford in Mildred Pierce!

Slim Portly

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
I really appreciate the closeup of the accessories and the info on them . The particulars of the suit and the hat, please? Wow, you are one sharp dressed man! Do you get to dress like this everyday in your professional life? Just wondering...
Thank you, my dear. I don't know much about the suit, as I purchased it online with only photos and measurements to go by. The material is 100% wool of a medium weight, and according to the tags inside the jacket the suit is from the Palm Beach line tailored for Barclay's in Piqua, Ohio, by John Weitz. The pants are unlined, and the jacket is 3/4 lined and has a felt-backed collar.

The hat is a new wool Bailey of Hollywood derby (a derby can also correctly be called a bowler or a few other names). The pocket square is silk, new from Dillards. I believe I purchased the tie from the same store last year. The stick pin is a locket, but there are no pictures in it yet. The cufflinks are a gift from my step-father. He has traveled all over the world and he cannot recall were he acquired them.

Yes, I am fortunate in that I can dress as I like for work. My supervisors have gone from cautious acceptance to active encouragement, especially once they had a chance to see the effect that I have had on my co-workers. Many of the guys now wear ties and dress slacks to the office when they used to wear t-shirts and jeans.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
This is actually from last Saturday, when I went with a group of friends to the Spring Swing Burlesque Review in Dallas, Texas.

The only shots I actually got of my entire outfit were these silly shots:
prep-1.jpg
jump-1.jpg
fall-1.jpg

My legs look tan because the stockings I purchased were incorrectly marked and I was too short on time to get some of the appropriate color before the event.

I'm wearing an 80's Repro Laura Ashley Party Dress, a Silk lemon-yellow cardigan, and my favorite pair of shoes: my saddle oxfords.

Here are a couple of close ups-- I apologize for the hair. These pictures were taken at about 3 in the morning, after a show, dancing in an increasingly-warmer room, driving home with the windows down at 70 mph, and jumping off of a wall for the sake of photographs ;)
glasses-1.jpg
noglasses-1.jpg

Silly? What are you talking about--I see a gorgeous young lady in a well-put-together outfit, one who if I'd been there I would've danced with in a heartbeat if given the chance.;)

So your hose and hair may not have been "textbook"--little touches like that make a person look more "real", IMO.

Slim, very well put-together look--woulda been right at home in any bank from 1880's Tombstone up to I'd guess about the early '30s. Looks good on you! (It's a little pre-FL, but the Old West is a quiet little interest of mine)
----------------
Now playing: James Horner - Re-Entry And Splashdown
via FoxyTunes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld