Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Torpedo

One Too Many
Today we went out for a country day, so I donned a vintage-inspired sport outfit...

DSCN1268.jpg

maggiethespy said:
Worn to class, work, and then swing dancing. Got lots of "sexy librarian" comments, which is actually sort of fitting because that's what I'm going to school for-- the librarianship thing, not the sexy thing.
No, that part comes naturally.;) [Insert WWII submarine diving-alarm noise here] If I had to describe your outfit, I'd say classy with just a hint of mischief--and I'd bet you had no shortage of guys lining up to ask for a dance.;)

Christy, you have a lucky guy indeed, and Torpedo, well done, sir!

Christy

One of the Regulars
Antje, Torpedo, and Diamondback- Thank you very much for the compliments!

Lefty- From a female's point of view, I agree, I love seemed stockings. I think they're so feminine.

Torpedo- I really like your outfit, it's very well put together, you look very nice, especially for a day out in the country!

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
maggiethespy said:
4019927340_f202885c3c.jpg

Worn to class, work, and then swing dancing. Got lots of "sexy librarian" comments, which is actually sort of fitting because that's what I'm going to school for-- the librarianship thing, not the sexy thing.

Well, I would certainly read ANYTHING a librarian looking as sweet as you, dressed that way, would recommend... and, uh, there's no excuse anymore for falling asleep in a library.. :D

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Worn last night at the Mobster's Ball at Club Verdi in San Francisco. An evening of great music, great dancing. Me with our son Daniel. My vintage inspired burn out silk evening gown, bought at Nordstrom about 6-1/2 years ago, Miriam Haskel pearl necklace and cuff bracelet also Nordstrom. My husband (no pic) wore his vintage brown 40s DB pinstripe suit with vintage brown/yellow/cream tie and his vintage brown fedora.
376294421.jpg
Our 13yo son Daniel with our 15yo daughter Sarah. Her vintage rayon gown found at the Alameda Flea Market, with vintage dress clip, matching vintage necklace and earrings. Sarah also had on above elbow gloves, but just on earlier in the evening. The band behind them is the Royal Society Jazz Orchestra.
376294414.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe