Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Gutshot said:
I haven't thrown anything up here for a while...

3550797124_7d566a1b4b.jpg
Funny running into you here! Looking sharp!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Gutshot said:
Thank you my dear... I'll look pretty much the same tomorrow. But I fear you won't be there to see, will you?
No, the market really hit "Camp Grandma" and we don't have our usual free babysitter for the weekend. I'm trying to swing a sitter for Sunday night, so I might be up there for dinner and a drink or two.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
You'd make a great WWII nurse re-enactor gal with that pretty curled hair, gorgeous movie star complexion, and that beautiful perfect toothy smile of yours!! One thing though- eyebrows my dear! Let them grow in for a forties look, and then have threading done on them. Sooo much easier than plucking or waxing. Try on a 40s look, not the 50s or 60s, you'll look terrific- promise!

Grant Fan said:
Here I am today, it is quite warm here in Maryland so that is why I look like summer. My family calls this my nurses dress, they think I look like at WW2 nurse in it.
Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture002.jpg

my new teal retro style sunglasses make me very happy, I have them in pink too
Picture007.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Grant Fan said:
Here I am today, it is quite warm here in Maryland so that is why I look like summer. My family calls this my nurses dress, they think I look like at WW2 nurse in it.

Picture009.jpg

Where did you get those shoes?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks CrazyDaisy!! Did you cut your hair my dear?? Its really sweet on you, its sooo hot here today- shorter hair looks so much cooler to me right now...

I wish us gals had a thread like Marc is doing too!! I asked him when he first started it about that , but he says he knows nuthin' about gal's clothes. Maybe me, Paisley, & LizzieMaine could all tag team?? Get the voice of experience from us 40-45+yo gals...

What you said here about wanting to learn and be 'pruned' if need be-- CrazyD, you are ONE smart cookie, girl!! Most gals don't get to that point of having the self confidence and healthy self esteem to be able to handle that until much later in life... GOOD FOR YOU!

crazydaisy said:
Panache that's fantastic!

Metropod that's as cool as it gets.

Chanteuse Carey, you look great in that chocolate dress!

Torpedo I like your ensembles and I have to say I admired the one you posted in "Marc Chevalier helps your outfits thread" - the one with greens and blue - more colour in that one and I like to be pleasantly surprised by not so standard combinations.
The thread itself is great and Marc's advice precious - I just wish the ladies would have something similar, because less clued up people like myself could surely use the advice.
Chanteuse Carey has given me some advice in the past that I found helpful, also Paisley has been of great help in terms of colour choice. I just want to say: don't be afraid ladies to express a bit of criticism if needed, nobody will take it other than in a constructive way, and if they do, too bad. Personally I am here to grow. I'd rather be "pruned" in the right direction than ignored and left in my bad ways. I know that at the moment it's more miss than hit with me, and what is worse a lot of the times I do what I do and end up looking 70's :( , but I'll get there. Just that with your help it might take me less time :) !

Grant Fan

Practically Family
chanteuseCarey said:
You'd make a great WWII nurse re-enactor gal with that pretty curled hair, gorgeous movie star complexion, and that beautiful perfect toothy smile of yours!! One thing though- eyebrows my dear! Let them grow in for a forties look, and then have threading done on them. Sooo much easier than plucking or waxing. Try on a 40s look, not the 50s or 60s, you'll look terrific- promise!

Oh I know my eye brows are what my friends call a hot mess, I am getting them waxed tomorrow, Saturday is commencement and they at least need to look decent (they don't right now). After that it is time to grow them out and get them 40's. I just need to hide the tweezers, I am why they get like this, I try to keep them cleaned up they stop being symmetrical then in my attempts to make them that way they get smaller and smaller. But my goal it to have them good again before the summer's end.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
chanteuseCarey said:
Been there done that!:) :)

It's a not fun place to be but I will fix it, it isn't the first time :eusa_doh: this has happened, I guess I am a slow learner some times :eusa_doh: .

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Grant Fan said:

I have this dress too! I never ever wore it, but for the Kentucky Derby I dyed it a bright bright yellow that just *kapows* against my hair. I wear it all the time now....total cost: $2 for dye.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
DANG! Fabulous once again SP, you never fail to please my dear... I must say that you have the most amazing accessories I've ever seen- incredible cufflinks and the feather in your hat ...wowohwow:)What attention to detail. I see you've added a little bit of facial hair under the bottom lip. Looks nice. Just don't do what I see two gents (both are Music Pastors) do out here after they grew it , they stroke it and pull on it , a lot. Seems weird to me when they do that, maybe its the novelty of it to them...

Slim Portly said:

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
This was my outfit yesterday, but my photos were hijacked by my kitty Fezzik!

3551972859_2f03536775.jpg

My cardigan was knitted from the pattern on Vintage Purls, jeans are from Queen of Heartz and the shoes are Keds. The kitty is a fleabag.

3552781756_d5f38380e1.jpg

(I don't think the picture is wonky, I think it's just the angle! lol )

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I was lucky enough last night to be invited by a dear old friend to the Ms Foundation's annual Gloria Awards, which also celebrated Gloria Steinem's 75th birthday. I told my friend that I'd be there in my vintage tux, and she was delighted. Quite an event, with a few celebs and some amazing women who have done great things.
Here I am, in all my glory, walking out of the office last night. And yes, the boater got LOTS of favorable remarks.
Gloriatux3cropped.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82