Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
chanteuseCarey said:
364624027.jpg

This is a Fantastic photo! You look amazing :)

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
Thanks all for your compliments! Hey, Tomasso, can one pre-emptively steal someone's thunder? I posted before Anthony, so it wasn't deliberate! lol

It *is* an incredible suit though.

To share the limelight with Fleur is both a duty and an honour; that you are a fellow Chap reader makes it a perfect pleasure!

Thank you for your kind comments all; since it isn't one of my favourite suits but just one I picked up cheaply (£4!) whilst at university to wear under a gown to chapel and formal dinner, you are now causing me to re-evaluate it!

Today I am afraid I was deliberately shabby as I was expecting to lending a hand shifting crates and computers, so shiny old M&S suit, Tyrwhitt shirt going at the cuffs, plainish snap links, etc. I couldn't bring myself to take a picture!

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anthony Jordan said:
To share the limelight with Fleur is both a duty and an honour;!

You mean "a pleasure and an honor" don't you? Because "a duty and an honor" sounds as though it's rather onerous; and that's the last thing you intended to say, if I understand your gracious post correctly.

Lovely outfits, by the way.

GallatinHatMan

One of the Regulars
My avatar is the hat I'm wearing today. It is a soft felt fedora (It was only getting up to 70 today so I went back to felt) that I got on ebay. It's an unusual color (I'm colorblind, my wife told me) that seems to go well with the suit of equally nondescript color. It was made by a company called Keens from England of which I have no information and have been unable to find any. It was made for Halle Brothers, a Cleveland, Ohio department store chain that catered to upper market goods and personal service from 1880s through the 1980s. I don't know the age of the hat but I have estimated it's from the 50s. The felt is very soft and can be shaped at will. At $15.50, I thought it was one of my better buys.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
this vintage stuff is just TOO much fun...

Today I'm wearing for the first time a lovely mid 1930's in gold jacquard with dark chocolate brown crepe two-piece suit. It was gifted to me on Saturday by a very kind fellow Deco lady I've recently met- we even go to the same vintage hairstylist in SF. The top of the dress was too large for her, and she thought it might work for me. Its a bit big for me too in the bodice and a little too long- but hey, I can fix it!

The gold gloves, fur beret cap, leopard print large muff, fur stole, eyeglasses and all jewelry is all vintage. The shoes are vintage inspired.

With matching jacket
364729151.jpg

sans jacket showing jacquard print and little bow at back of attached belt
364729124.jpg

trading the jacket for my drk brown fur stole
364729135.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Chad.

The Paramount Theater is one huge photo op! Everywhere you turn its- WOW. It was built in 1930, and has been completely restored to its original glory in large part by the Art Deco Society of Northern California. Having the chance to take the children (now age almost 13 and 15) to the Ball was a great experience.

Chad Sanborn said:
This is a Fantastic photo! You look amazing :)

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Particularly crappy photos today, but they give a flavour of the look I was after:

Work, followed by a trip to the theatre to see "An Inspector Calls"

005-4.jpg

Wool/silk mix Ravi 6x2 suit, House of Frazer gingham shirt, yellow silk pocket square, etc.

006-2.jpg

Four vices cufflinks

007-4.jpg

Herald & Heart "Mason" fedora

008-1.jpg

Battered but waterproof Alfred Sargent "Epsom" Oxfords.

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Anthony Jordan said:
Particularly crappy photos today, but they give a flavour of the look I was after:

Work, followed by a trip to the theatre to see "An Inspector Calls"

Wool/silk mix Ravi 6x2 suit, House of Frazer gingham shirt, yellow silk pocket square, etc.

006-2.jpg

Love the yellow shirt! Gives me some ideas for a brown suit I own. Yellow will make it more "summery".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82