Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

JEEP

Practically Family
Lucky Strike said:
DSC02805.jpg

That is one killer watch! It matches the ourfit perfectly.

/Jakob

Today I wore a hat...

K, It's really difficult to take pictures of yourself in the privacy of a New Look changing room!!
Image008.jpg

Coat;not vintage, Pri-Marche, skirt; not vintage, Pri-Marche, hat; not vintage, Debenhams, Hair; Sallys :rolleyes:

Image010.jpg

You get the idea, blurry I know, I'm sorry! Oh, pink top; vintage, late 50s I believe. I think it is actually a bed jacket, but I love it lol

Image020.jpg

Eyebrows; Rimmel, Shower Curtain; Wilkinsons, Hair; models own.

Cor, I love hats I do.

Marty M.

Vendor
Nah.....

imoldfashioned said:
In the wintry dark of this morning I made the fashion faux pas of pairing a dark navy skirt with a black top...and I had to go to a board meeting. Ah, well--if that's the worst thing that happens to me today I'll count myself lucky.

That's OK. That fabulous inner beauty of yours will outshine any fashion faux pas you may make ;) .
Marty Mathis

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
It's been a long work week...but that's no reason to slack off sartorially on Friday!

Jos. A. Bank olive plaid SB 2B single-vent suit (new purchase)
French blue point collar French cuff shirt
Alan Lawrence vibrantly patterned tie in maroon, purple, and gold (really "pops" against the French blue of the shirt)
Slender gold tie chain
Maroon silk pocket square, points up
Vintage "Roman stateman" cameo cufflinks, white cameo on black ground with textured gold edge
Patterned braces with tiny gold and light blue squares on deep purple ground
Swiss Army watch with black band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Burberry cologne
Olive patterned OTC socks
Florsheim burgundy/black saddle lace-ups (equivalent to AE Sheltons; I love these!)
Nautica black DB wool topcoat
Black leather gloves
Susan Horton red/black patterned rayon chenille scarf
Vintage Champ short-brim black velour fedora with distinctive grey-patterned band and fan-shaped feather (my "Tyrolean" hat)

Patrick Murtha said:
It's been a long work week...but that's no reason to slack off sartorially on Friday!

Jos. A. Bank olive plaid SB 2B single-vent suit (new purchase)
French blue point collar French cuff shirt
Alan Lawrence vibrantly patterned tie in maroon, purple, and gold (really "pops" against the French blue of the shirt)
Slender gold tie chain
Maroon silk pocket square, points up
Vintage "Roman stateman" cameo cufflinks, white cameo on black ground with textured gold edge
Patterned braces with tiny gold and light blue squares on deep purple ground
Swiss Army watch with black band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Burberry cologne
Olive patterned OTC socks
Florsheim burgundy/black saddle lace-ups (equivalent to AE Sheltons; I love these!)
Nautica black DB wool topcoat
Black leather gloves
Susan Horton red/black patterned rayon chenille scarf
Vintage Champ short-brim black velour fedora with distinctive grey-patterned band and fan-shaped feather (my "Tyrolean" hat)

I'm sure you're not actually real. Where do you put all this stuff???!! You sound very well dressed indeed sir :) I enjoy reading what you're wearing.

Pinkdahlia - thank you very much, I love it, though it is a little too small shhhhhhhh hence me not doing it up properly when on display!!! I love cardigans I do. Not as much as hats, but I do love them :)

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
I'm sure you're not actually real. Where do you put all this stuff???!! You sound very well dressed indeed sir :) I enjoy reading what you're wearing.

Why, thank you very much! I think I'm real, although that gets us into deep philosophical waters, doesn't it? As to where I put everything -- well, it could become a problem eventually. The closets in my two-bedroom apartment (which I share with my adorable Birman cat Claire) are pretty close to full, so an armoire or two or three may be in my future. Fortunately, Claire hasn't requested any wardrobe space (although she does have a sizable collection of stuffed animals!).

Marty M.

Vendor
Hmm, a solution.....

Patrick Murtha said:
As to where I put everything -- well, it could become a problem eventually. The closets in my two-bedroom apartment (which I share with my adorable Birman cat Claire) are pretty close to full, so an armoire or two or three may be in my future. Fortunately, Claire hasn't requested any wardrobe space (although she does have a sizable collection of stuffed animals!).

Well, you'll just have to move to a larger home in Minneapolis. We'll find you and Claire a home with lots of large closets. And I just happen to know the local Haberdasher that'll help you fill them with new custom clothes (and fish fly's) lol .
Marty Mathis

Josephine

One Too Many
Patrick Murtha said:
The closets in my two-bedroom apartment...

Just make that second bedroom into a huge walk in closet. If you need it for guests, put in a Murphy bed, with a big mirror on the "bottom" so you can see yourself when it's folded.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Marty M. said:
Well, you'll just have to move to a larger home in Minneapolis. We'll find you and Claire a home with lots of large closets. And I just happen to know the local Haberdasher that'll help you fill them with new custom clothes (and fish fly's) lol .
Marty Mathis

Tempting, to be sure. :)

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Josephine said:
Just make that second bedroom into a huge walk in closet. If you need it for guests, put in a Murphy bed, with a big mirror on the "bottom" so you can see yourself when it's folded.

It's the library, although there are a lot of clothes in there as well.

kiltie

Practically Family
Vest

Fletch,
Those Filson vests are too cool for school! I hope I have the presence of mind to pick one up next fall ( it's already spring here! ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe