Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Paddy, the newsboy looks great on you. Great pic with the pups!

Patrick, enjoy reading your posts. It's kinda like reading a mouth watering recipe but not getting to taste the finished product, lol... but please do keep us drooling! ;)

Mar-TAY! LOVE a stroller! Very sharp, along with the spats! You always have fun outfits.

Here's something I wore a while back but never had the time to post. Excuse me for going photo crazy. I guess since I waisted all my late teens and 20's being fat and never allowing pictures to be taken, I go a bit overboard to make up for it now cuz I ain't getting any younger! [huh]
Vintage poppy colored wool knit top and skirt with leopard brooch. Coat and barrett were my grandmother's and very dear to me. The coat is too big but I don't want to take it in for fear of messing it up. Oh, and purrrrfect shoes~
Nikki
2081249575_fe8764f9e1.jpg

2082024322_956d3d84a6.jpg

2081240089_36894850b8.jpg

2082023318_babf6bc036.jpg

2081245203_a660cb9d61.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:

Wow, Nikki! The hat and coat are great but the shoes! Those shoes make me clutch my metaphorical pearls in glee! How high are those heels anyhow?

I always love your pictures--you look fab.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ha! I think they're 3 or 4 inches! They don't hurt except for my foot always wanting to slide to the front! Thanks IOF!
Nikki

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ohairas said:
Here's something I wore a while back but never had the time to post. Excuse me for going photo crazy. I guess since I waisted all my late teens and 20's being fat and never allowing pictures to be taken, I go a bit overboard to make up for it now cuz I ain't getting any younger! [huh]
Vintage poppy colored wool knit top and skirt with leopard brooch. Coat and barrett were my grandmother's and very dear to me. The coat is too big but I don't want to take it in for fear of messing it up. Oh, and purrrrfect shoes~
Nikki

A great looking outfit, and even nicer knowing the backstory!

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
I'm mixing patterns with a vengeance today, on an un-casual Friday:

Jos. A. Bank single-breasted two-button ventless light gray/blue plaid suit, plain bottom trousers (my newest suit)
Banana Republic spread-collar shirt with aggressive red and gray stripes of different widths and spacings between them
Brooks Bros. cherry red patterned tie
Red patterned pocket square, triangular fold
Black lizard belt with gold buckle and tip
Jos. A. Bank black paisley OTC socks
Cole-Haan black split-toe lace-ups
Fossil watch with gold/silver band
Armani Mania cologne
Nautica black double-breasted topcoat
Black leather gloves
Red/black patterned scarf
Black wide-brim fedora
6-eyelet LL Bean boots (tan uppers) for slush

This doesn't sound as if it should work, but I've already had one person say "You look really nice today!" I think the shirt is a "grabber."

Vintage Betty

Patrick Murtha said:
I'm mixing patterns with a vengeance today, on an un-casual Friday:

Jos. A. Bank single-breasted two-button ventless light gray/blue plaid suit (my newest suit)
Banana Republic spread-collar shirt with aggressive red and gray stripes of different widths and spacings between them
Brooks Bros. cherry red patterned tie
Red patterned pocket square, triangular fold
Black lizard belt with gold buckle and tip
Jos. A. Bank black paisley OTC socks
Cole-Haan black split-toe lace-ups
Fossil watch with gold/silver band
Armani Mania cologne
Nautica black double-breasted topcoat
Black leather gloves
Red/black patterned scarf
Black wide-brim fedora
6-eyelet LL Bean boots (tan uppers) for slush

This doesn't sound as if it should work, but I've already had one person say "You look really nice today!" I think the shirt is a "grabber."

Actually, it appears great. But truth be old, I wish my monitor would let me sniff you. :eek: lol I'm curious about your cologne.

VB

Vintage Betty

ohairas said:

Nikki - you look absolutely wonderful! I also covet your shoes. But I'm curious, what pelt are you wearing? Coincidentally, the American Cancer Society Discover Shop I volunteer in received a REAL leopard skin coat. I've spent most of the last week discussing with the Manager what price to charge. It's a very rare item.

Vintage Betty

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer

You may very well have won this entire thread. Outstanding.

Isn't most leopard-like fur really farmed ozelot, btw? MY fiancée has a hip-length sixties jacket in ozelot, which she wears far too seldom, I find:

DSC01746546a.jpg

Vintage Betty

Lucky Strike said:

You may very well have won this entire thread. Outstanding.

Isn't most leopard-like fur really farmed ozelot, btw? MY fianc?©e has a hip-length sixties jacket in ozelot, which she wears far too seldom, I find:

DSC01746546a.jpg

I agree with above, except for the comment about ocelot.

:eek:fftopic: Leopard is still available (buyer beware) and the coat we have for sale is NOT ocelot, it is leopard. If you are interested in vintage leopard, it cannot cross state lines, according to the Federal Regulations from what I understand.

And yes, without being an expert on fur (I'm pretty lousy at identification, actually) I believe the coat shown on your lovely and faceless fiancee is ocelot. And you make a wonderfully striking couple. :eusa_clap

VB

MissHannah

One Too Many
Ok, this is my first contribution to this thread and I didn't pick the best day - my hair went a bit skewiff, no lipstick and the shoes are SO wrong but it was raining and windy and blah blah blah... the dress is probably 60's really but I like it - you can't see the lovely floppy bow detail on the neckline here or the nifty pleats in the V, but nevermind.

So anyway, outerwear (not vintage, apart from gloves):
WinterCoat.jpg

And what's under it:
TodaysDress.jpg

Vintage Betty

MissHannah said:
Ok, this is my first contribution to this thread and I didn't pick the best day - my hair went a bit skewiff, no lipstick and the shoes are SO wrong but it was raining and windy and blah blah blah... the dress is probably 60's really but I like it - you can't see the lovely floppy bow detail on the neckline here or the nifty pleats in the V, but nevermind.

So anyway, outerwear (not vintage, apart from gloves):
WinterCoat.jpg

And what's under it:
TodaysDress.jpg

I think you look GORGEOUS. And if you don't feel your best, why not just give me that lovely coat you're wearing? I'm sure you'll feel better. :D

Vintage Betty

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I love the coat MissHannah--it's so graphic.

Vintage Betty--I know of a real fur coat similar to Nikki's that sold at $350 last month and it was considered an especially good price. Hope that helps.

Vintage Betty

imoldfashioned said:
I love the coat MissHannah--it's so graphic.

Vintage Betty--I know of a real fur coat similar to Nikki's that sold at $350 last month and it was considered an especially good price. Hope that helps.

:eek:fftopic: Hmmmm.. that's very interesting. Based on the fact this is a REAL Leopard Coat from 1950 which extends down to the lower-leg, we decided on a $1500 price tag, which is pretty cheap. A jacket of this quality, length and rarity normally sells for $5000-$7500 from what we can tell. We both did a lot of research and had about 5 discussions before decideding on a price. The price was due to a number of factors, including available buyers in this region (I live in a very non-fur wearing area). The Manager already has a buyer standing by, but the deal isn't closed yet. I hope she sells it! The proceeds go to a great cause. Any comments from anyone on the price?

Marty M.

Vendor
Number one Nikki.

ohairas said:
Mar-TAY! LOVE a stroller! Very sharp, along with the spats! You always have fun outfits. Thank you very much.
Nikki
2081249575_fe8764f9e1.jpg

Anyone looking this good, needs to post a lot more. Nikki, you make those clothes look even better. By the way, I married a beautiful Redhead, and we have two beautiful Redhead girls. Ya Gotta Luv Those Reds.

My all time favorite Cuff Links.
P1010054.jpg

Marty Mathis

(And thank you for your thoughtful comment)
Marty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82