Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Trying to pull a Marty today.

Modern suit
Vintage Champ homburg
Vintage overcoat
Modern tie
Modern spread collar shirt with French cuffs
Allen Edmond shoes
Vintage cufflinks

suit003.jpg

suit001.jpg

suit002.jpg

suit004.jpg

overcoatandhomburg.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Mike in Seattle said:
I second the motion! Enough "Filler text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." ;) We need cufflinks, braces, etc.
You know I would think that Marty would want to rake in the dough from online sales!!:rolleyes: CHOP, CHOP!!lol lol lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
IMG_0381.jpg

Criminy, that's a fantastic suit! Split jacket cuffs with buttons?! Vents on the trousers? I don't think I've ever seen that before in menswear--it's fabulous (and, heck, I want a ladies version of that jacket with those cuffs). The orange and grey combination is great too.

You must do a website and soon; you'll be overrun with orders.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Marty M. said:
I couldn't post what I wore all day today at my Daughter's basketball tournament. So I thought I'd post what I wore a while back at the Custom Tailors and Designers Assoc. Convention. It was my rendition of a '60's Vegas entertainers outfit. Thanks for viewing.
Marty Mathis

Suit: Lt. Gray 120's wool and silk sharkskin weave suit. Very trim fit.
Lining & Tie: Matching orange paisley pattern 100% silk.
Shirt: White cotton herringbone weave. French cuffs trim fit.
Shoes: Heavy black wingtip Blucher's by Allen Edmonds.

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg
Incredible! and co-ordinating your tie with your lining is brilliant!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

This is actually my ensemble from Saturday:
47b8df32b3127cceb3f749f7a05500000045109AbOXLFk0bS

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
thunderw21 said:
Trying to pull a Marty today.

Modern suit
Vintage Champ homburg
Vintage overcoat
Modern tie
Modern spread collar shirt with French cuffs
Allen Edmond shoes
Vintage cufflinks

Very dashing! I wouldn't be surprised if you were the best-dressed man in the State of Iowa today. :)

Jerekson

One Too Many
Thunder, I don't know if you'll want to hear this, but I think you look better in a homburg than a fedora!
I mean it as a compliment, of course; because not everyone can pull off a homburg.
Looks great on you, that's for sure.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Jerekson said:
Thunder, I don't know if you'll want to hear this, but I think you look better in a homburg than a fedora!
I mean it as a compliment, of course; because not everyone can pull off a homburg.
Looks great on you, that's for sure.

Thanks, I take it as a compliment. It's my only homburg and I am getting use to the look.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
It's snowing here today, but spirits in Northeast Wisconsin are bright because of the Packers win yesterday. Football is not my thing (I'm more of a baseball guy), but I'd rather have the people in my vicinity be in a good mood than the deep funk that would have resulted if the Pack had lost. (The Packers, by the way, have a hideous effect on the already low level of men's fashion around here; I have to visually tune out all the green and gold "sportswear" if I want to make it through the day without experiencing stomach distress.)

My outfit today is more New England than Wisconsin, but that does not indicate a rooting preference for a potential Super Bowl match-up. :)

Vintage Harris tweed blue/gray single-breasted two-button double-vent sportcoat from Hector Buzzell KIiltmaker Group of Inverness, Scotland (an amazing Ebay steal)
Tommy Hilfiger plain-front plain-bottom tan corduroys
Jos. A. Bank white button-down, open neck
Vintage trout fly in left lapel
Plain white pocket square, rectangular fold
Brown jeans belt
Swiss Army watch with black band
Boot socks
LL Bean 6-eyelet duck boots with tan uppers
Tan single-breasted topcoat
Brown leather gloves
J. Crew green/orange horizontal-striped scarf
Speckled brown tweed cap from David Hanna & Sons Ltd. of Donegal Town, Ireland (clearly this is my authentic Celtic wear day!)

Marty M.

Vendor
The Great Jerekson.

You look great buddy. You have a great sence of style. You're not afraid to mix different styles, colors and patterns. That's important. Keep it up.
Marty Mathis

indycop

I'll Lock Up
CharlestonBows said:
The tie is cool, but that tie tack looks really neat. Close up pic?
It's just a Glock pin, though from the pic it kinda looks like a clock!:rolleyes: . I am just starting to move into better clothes after starting with the hats. I have gotten a couple pair of shoes and pants I like and now I'm working on shirts and ties, and desparately looking for a vest/waistcoat. I am really liking the Frenchcuff shirts but only have 2 and one set of cufflinks!:eusa_doh: Marty help!!:)
When I came to the lounge I was jeans, t-shirts, and Campshirts. Now I have moved to dress pants and button up shirts.;)

P.S. I do have suits but they must have shrunk because they don't seem to fit right now.:eusa_doh: :rolleyes: :D

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Meeting with my casual CEO again:

Jos. A. Bank Signature blue/brown plaid single-breasted two-button single-vent sportcoat (new purchase, just picked up from tailor Sunday)
Medium blue flannel (not navy) cuffed trousers
Enro blue point-collar shirt, open neck
Braces with purple/light blue/gold pattern
Light blue cotton pocket square
Fossil watch with gold/silver band
Blue-gray OTC socks
Johnston & Murphy antique tan captoes with woven leather insets
Burberry cologne
Tan single-breasted topcoat
Brown leather gloves
Scarf with horizontal stripes in different shades of blue
Scala brown fedora