Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Jerekson

One Too Many
Well Cowboy, you could easily pass for any off-duty army boy! Quite the 40's look, indeed...you nailed it.

I love that shirt. I want one just like that.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
cowboy76 said:
103_1944.jpg

Splendid outfit, sir!

My outfit today is more late 80s Wall Street guy:

Tommy Hilfiger navy pinstripe single-breasted single-vent suit (two shades of stripe)
Bright yellow shirt w/white stripes, white eyelet collar, white French cuffs
Blue Polo tie with silver squares pattern
Blue patterned pocket square
Blue textured braces
Navy OTC socks
Johnston & Murphy antique tan/woven leather captoes (new Ebay purchase)
Silver tie chain
Silver collar bar (through eyelets)
Fossil watch with silver and gold band
Vintage silver snap cufflinks w/mother-of-pearl insets
Black double-breasted Nautica topcoat
Black leather gloves
Navy striped scarf
Black wide-brim fedora

cowboy76

Suspended
Jerekson said:
Well Cowboy, you could easily pass for any off-duty army boy! Quite the 40's look, indeed...you nailed it.

I love that shirt. I want one just like that.

Well,...MY!,...Thank you....:) That's very kind of you!

I'm stuck in the past,....happy to be,..its always nicer there.
I am however, I'm still looking for my flux-compasitor to put in my '27 roadster,....lol

I'll tell ya, if any of you cats have a line on a 1930-40s vintage double breasted or single breasted suite with WIDE lapels,....42-44 jacket, 34-36 trousers (this way i can take them in or out depending on size) in good shape,...drop me a line and PM me. I've been looking for a nice one for years,...everytime i find one, its to small or too big,...

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
I agree!

I also agree with the off duty comment. However I would almost say off-duty cop!! That is a compliment BTW. Maybe it's just the demeanor!? Again a compliment!

And Miss GlueGun. Your eyes my dear... Has anyone even commented how stunning they are? Especialy in your avatar!! That being said of coarse in the most polite and respectful manner.

As always Ladies and Gents, you are setting the bar exceptionally high!! I look forward everyday to new pics and ideas and have even become reluctant to post my meager collection....

Very sharp!

Marty M.

Vendor
We need more WI pictures.

Badluck Brody said:
And Miss GlueGun. Your eyes my dear... Has anyone even commented how stunning they are? Especialy in your avatar!!
and have even become reluctant to post my meager collection....

Very sharp!

Naw, feel free to post away my friend. Besides, none of us other mere mortals have eyes like Miss Gluegungeisha ;) .
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
Spot on.

AlanC said:
The cold winds were blowing in Dixie today so it was a good excuse to pull out the polo coat:

p1060422ra3.jpg

p1060423zt2.jpg

p1060429kr0.jpg

Alan,
Your attension to detail is always spot on. People will be looking at your pictures decades from now and will not be able to date your timeless and classic style. Always impeccable my friend. Bravo.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
Bravo Miss Pink.

Pink Dahlia said:
Office Christmas party tonite:
l_828366624ccfe3bb9434fc981b4a6e13.jpg

Miss Pink,
This is really a remarkable combo. First the dress is wonderful. The color combo of tan and pink is beautiful. And the fit on you is perfect. It hugs your frame perfectly. The pink "Sandra Dee" sweater with only the top buttoned is a great compliment to this dress. I think that your addition of the pink sweater shows your attention to personal style. Beautiful.
Marty Mathis

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marty M. said:
Alan,
Your attension to detail is always spot on. People will be looking at your pictures decades from now and will not be able to date your timeless and classic style. Always impeccable my friend. Bravo.
Marty Mathis

You're far too kind, Marty, but thank you very much.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Rogers peet overcoat
"custom" lands end french cuff shirt
Arrow tie
Swank tie clip
REI wool sweatervest
green herringbone pants
'70s leather cap (dad's from back when he was a long haired hippie freaklol )
vintage sunglasses
Doxa Anti-magnetic wristwatch
enameled cufflinks
1939 worlds fair pin

IMG_3977.jpg

IMG_3978.jpg

IMG_3979.jpg

cowboy76

Suspended
cookie said:
Good look almost a bit 70s inspired...IMHO

I can understand the Beatles-esk look to his photo on first glance.

HOWEVER, the first thing I got from his photo was the look of an immigrant worker, late 1920s, eraly 30s.

Glasses are thowback to the twenties, teens and earlier. Hat looks like an average worker's hat that can be seen in many photos of blue collar tradesmen during the teens, twenties and thirties,..even some in the 1940s. The World's Fair pin is a great touch, and of course the tie is also nice,...though I wouldn't wear that tie with the rest of the outfit,...since the outfit looks more 20s-30s, I'd go for a nice rayon, acetate, silk, cotton, or wool 3" wide tie, about 49" long,...1930s. That would really be a nice touch! Of course the watch and cufflinks kick ass!

The chops to me, and that's just me of course, but they dont look right. They'd be right for an early teens look, but they quickly went away not long after that.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I've got a bit of range with the decades, too. '20s cufflinks and sunglasses, '30s pin, '40s tie, '50s tie clip and watch, '60s coat, '70s hat.

I agree that a '30s tie in a simple pattern, in an earth tone would have gone better.

I think i'm going to lose the sideburns with my next haircut, but it's fun to play around

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Today's outfit is corp casual.

Dark grey flannel cuffed trousers
Single-breasted ventless navy blazer with brass buttons
Dockers dark grey cotton button-neck long-sleeved knit (crisp white tee underneath)
White pocket square with blue-gray edge cross-hatching
Dark grey OTC socks
Burgundy striped garters
Johnston & Murphy black monk-straps
Swiss Army watch w/black leather band
Black double-breasted Nautica topcoat
Black leather gloves
Brown/grey tweed cap (authentic Scottish)
Dark green plaid scarf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21