Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
That's, why Germany likes America. :D

Thanks. One of my all time favorite bands.

I remember when I was very young (probably no more than three) riding in the car with my dad and A Horse With No Name being on the radio. It is a happy memory.

It is odd to think that without Germany, America would not have gotten America. Funny point. Nice.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
While I like some country and bluegrass, it's not a love affair with me like many other forms of music. However, we certainly have some folks here that are aficionados of the genre. So this one is for them, but hey, I am from Funkytown!

Did you feel it? Rick James just spun in his grave. I won't post it here but look up the Gourds bluegrass rendition of Snoops "Gin and Juice".

EstherWeis

Vendor
Surprised to find that I was not getting ready to post this same song this morning. Also a bit discouraged... I tried, but failed miserably when I tried to sing along. [emoji6]

But seriously... What is it about? Sounds fun.

Enjoy.
It is an old song about a sailor returning to his wife after being away for a long time.
An ode to the river. The title translates as the lights of the Schelde.

We have one of the biggest ports of Europe. So a lot of sailors in the old days.
It's a bit if an Antwerpian Anthem.
Lyrics are beautiful.

Antwerp is een zeer mooi land.
Ik vind nederlands leuk.

How's that? ;)

That's very good.
You sure have a knack for languages!

You'd fit right in. We like to think we are a country too... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82