Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

GHT,
I'm familiar with Mr. Jordan and am a fan. I've always enjoyed your posts up to this point, but Miss Aguilera, though easy on the eyes. Come on, man. Next you'll be giving updates on The Voice.[huh]

GHT

I'll Lock Up
OK, sorry about Candyman, I have to say that, she shares a Christian name with my lady. Never, ever, seen The Voice, ugh! Have to admit though, I did like Tom Jones, back in the sixties, but never went to one of his concerts.

You know how I've bored everyone with our dancing? Well, when Tom brought out Sex Bomb, the video inspired one of our dance teachers to choreograph a rather rude cha-cha-cha. We would dance that at dance venues. Nowadays it's just a memory. But we still do a spot of dirty dancing to Caro Emerald. Does that lady have a distinct 30's sound, or what?

OK, sorry about Candyman, I have to say that, she shares a Christian name with my lady. Never, ever, seen The Voice, ugh! Have to admit though, I did like Tom Jones, back in the sixties, but never went to one of his concerts.

You know how I've bored everyone with our dancing? Well, when Tom brought out Sex Bomb, the video inspired one of our dance teachers to choreograph a rather rude cha-cha-cha. We would dance that at dance venues. Nowadays it's just a memory. But we still do a spot of dirty dancing to Caro Emerald. Does that lady have a distinct 30's sound, or what?

I remember my mom going to see Tom Jones back in the 70's and asking her if she threw her panties onstage. Never did get an answer. Have never listened to Caro Emerald except for the last few minutes, distinct 30's sound but she could sing in any era. Now I'm a fan.
http://youtu.be/QV4gj6CUGmw

It's a shame they tore down the Los Angeles Ambassador Hotel. In its place they spent over $500 million to build a school, one of the most expensive school buildings in the world -- which cost more than it did to build ANZ Stadium in Sydney for the 2008 Olympics. It's now called the Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools which is kind of creepy because that's where the man was killed! :doh:

Last edited:

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
It should have never been tore down! I agree

But then ....sadly the past is always torn down.

I'm glad at least we are left with these few videos to remember how it used to be ...oh well!

It's a shame they tore down the Los Angeles Ambassador Hotel. In its place they spent over $500 million to build a school, one of the most expensive school buildings in the world -- which cost more than it did to build ANZ Stadium in Sydney for the 2008 Olympics. It's now called the Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools which is kind of creepy because that's where the man was killed! :doh:

Wow! Did you get in on the souvenir hunt that I heard went on when they were tearing it down? :p

Oh, how I long for those carefree days at the beach playing in the sand... :D

b257e64a-ef00-4ba8-9978-50377568386e_zpsrhlymhgk.jpg

Long Beach, California
April 5, 2015

[video=youtube;h6WpfpHXp7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6WpfpHXp7Y[/video]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82