Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

T Rick

Practically Family
I agree with you about Barons, ridiculous :) BUT get over to PB's site and check with him as he has many of his Cuenca Panama's on sale for $9.99. With shipping it would be $30.00 but that's STILL reasonable for what you can get from Robert. As you know, he's well thought of here and I have 6 of his hats so far :)
Do you have a link to Panama Bob's site? I have heard him mentioned and not been able to find a link to the site.

Sorry for the thread drift!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry for the thread drift!

Don't even worry about it, T Rick. It seems like the last 20 pages or so are filled with me verbally flip-flopping between hat ideas (and finally, actually getting one), asking questions, and receiving advice and expressing my gratitude. I sometimes wonder if I'm a bother :D.

No one will fault you for a one time offense lol.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Western Kansas c. 1910

5361521331_4803d214df_o.jpg

T Rick

Practically Family

So, the ladies are "white" (as in good) witches? Wild looking hats there. The Gents hats OTOH, are about what I'd have expected. Guess I've not seen many hats on Ladies from that era.

ETA: Yeps, thanks for the link! And Neo, thanks for the response! Now, back to the Western hats (been thinking of getting the Stetson buffalo fur Austral in Spring for some Cowboy Action Shooting).

Last edited:

coble

A-List Customer
here you go Neo

here's a wonderful idea for you, save all the photos of the hats you like, and ponder over them, then take each hat and put them in order from favorites 1-10 persay. I found this out recently, i now have 4 hats i plan on getting this year custom made, but go with your gut feeling too. Find something that you are going to wear, i've learned with buying hats that if its not going to be worn and not be a part of me then its not worth buying. It is great to collect old hats to have them, but i also wear them. I have a 1950's stetson that i've worn to death that i'm going to have to get the sweatband and everything fixed, and stretched, but it was my hat it became a part of me.
Here's a great hat that i'd like to share, i've always found that westerns have such different character to them. Enjoy your hat quest Neo, and like i said make a list of photos, it will amaze you what you start to not really like, but also what you feel would look better if it looked like this. In the end you may come up with several hats in one that is YOU.

Enjoy the photo, this hat is amazing, its clean looking and the crown is great.

sg032104c.jpg

Last edited:

Neophyte

MV, you're my hero! :D

Yeah, the reason for my most recent indecision is that the hat jack I recently purchased worked absolute wonders on the fit of my black cherry western. I can now wear it as I intended, making the Eastwood Hats repetitive (especially the Hang 'Em High and the Man with No Name styles).

No worries, though; I'm well on my way to nailing down the details of my other favorite idea. I will update after I've contacted the Major, so I don't clog this thread anymore with my continuous flip-flopping.

Last edited:

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
LOL. Betcha didn't know I had any westerns like them thar westerns!?

Made my own holsters and spur straps for that, too. Cut, dyed, sewn and stamped by hand.

Neophyte

coble said:
Here's a great hat that i'd like to share, i've always found that westerns have such different character to them.

That's what got me interested in westerns in the first place. There's so much variety!

LOL. Betcha didn't know I had any westerns like them thar westerns!?

No I did not, that's for sure. All the westerns I've seen posted by your were conversions :). :eusa_clap

monbla256 said:
We should be able to crash your 'puter in your head with data overload pretty soon huh?

A "certain scene" in the movie Scanners come to mind :eeek:! Thanks for the link. I gotta get to bed now, but I'll check it out during lecture tomorrow ;).

Last edited:

coble

A-List Customer
buy this book, hahaha, Actually i plan on it, its the history of the cowboy hat located on Rands Custom Hats. There's also videos on his site as well. But seriously you should consider buying this book. http://www.randhats.com/images/HatBookNew_med.jpg I think it would be an excellent reference that you can turn to in times of need as in right now. Its not expensive either, really good price.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe